• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

FM Frequency of the Week: 100.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually WJRR 101.1 overshadows this channel....

Occasionally

W265BV - Okeechobee FL // WOKC - The Big O - True country

WXJZ - Gainesville FL - Smooth Jazz 100.9 - Smooth jazz

kw - Melbourne FL

East Tennessee: W265DR, translator for WKVL-850, which relays WPLA, Lake 104.9. The signal makes it to a small part of the area.
Retro/other: Dayton, Ohio. Normally nothing, but in the couple of days that WEEC-100.7 was off the air due to the remnants of Hurricane Ike, I logged WXIZ, Waverly, Ohio, WBNQ, Bryan, Ohio and WPGW, Portland, IN (where I once worked).
Lafayette IN area might be a weak WHHH, Speedway, which I worked at in the 80s as WNON, Lebanon, IN.

South Mississippi:

W265DH Gulfport, MS - translator of Cruisin' WGCM 1240 (oldies)
WJXN Utica, MS - Air1, very rarely comes in with tropo

Wilmington Delaware

Normally an open frequency but 2 stations have been heard during tropo. The first is tiny Class A WAAI 'Classic Country' in Hurlock MD. It can be heard in southern Delaware year round but doesn't have enough wattage to get up here (1300W). The second is much stronger WFMI 'Rejoice 100.9' in Southern Shores NC. It came in several times this past summer lighting up my HD radio with an ID. I had to get on radio-locator to see where WFMI was located.

Local KARY '100.9 Cherry FM' Grandview/Yakima, with classic hits, and Tom Kent at night. Also airs Yacht Rock Radio and AT40 The 70s/80s on Sundays, and The Ultimate Party on Saturday nights.

It was very weak in Ellensburg and KGBL Lakin KS (Country) defeated it multiple times in the 2020 and 2021 Es seasons. K265AX Chelan (KOZI-FM) heard at the top of Lion Rock, 17mi N of Ellensburg in 2020 with KARY phased and slightly north from the summit, down 5-10 feet elevation from the top.

I'm just out of the range of a few 100.9's where I live in Pickerington, Ohio. Too far from Mount Vernon to pick up W265DJ, the translator for WMVO, too far from McConnelsville to get WJAW, a longtime all-sports station that switched to country some time back, and a bit too far north to pick up WXIZ. 20 miles closer to any of those stations and they're coming in decently well.
Even if they did make it to my part of Columbus, they'd take severe interference from local classical WOSA on 101.1.

Warminster PA (Philly 'burbs):

Usually splatter from semi-local 100.7 WLEV Allentown and local WBEB, B-101.1 from Philly. I have never heard a 100.9 station here.

Local KARY '100.9 Cherry FM' Grandview/Yakima, with classic hits, and Tom Kent at night. Also airs Yacht Rock Radio ......

Good show, we added it to Monday nights here at KSKO

South Mississippi:

W265DH Gulfport, MS - translator of Cruisin' WGCM 1240 (oldies)
WJXN Utica, MS - Air1, very rarely comes in with tropo
Interesting that Gulfport has an oldies station branded "Cruisin". For those unfamiliar, "Gulfport-Biloxi hosts the world's largest classic car cruise every autumn". Hundreds of classic and vintage cars that join the cruise U.S. 90 along the Gulf. Anyone who wants can simply hop into their vehicle and ride along. One year not long ago, I was in town so I did just that! Great fun!

Captain Adam! There are some great rarities that he plays. Fans also get to take over the show for the 'Five Fave' at the end of the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom