• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

FM 96.9 KSEG The Eagle

No real surprises and since it’s 6 plus, the numbers can be misleading, especially with stations like KFBK and KSTE.
What about the new 107.9's showing in the ratings? Its not that great after all that crazy stunting that never ended for a month? Have you seen their cume? A lot of good it did. The real evidence of their success will be reflected in August and September and by how many different advertisers are heard during the new 107.9 stations programming during this time.
107.9 is actually KZIS-FM.
Thank you.

What about the new 107.9's showing in the ratings? Its not that great after all that crazy stunting that never ended for a month? Have you seen their cume? A lot of good it did. The real evidence of their success will be reflected in August and September and by how many different advertisers are heard during the new 107.9 stations programming during this time.

Thank you.
The format went live on June 8 and the rating period ended two weeks later. The frequency had zero cume for five years and it takes a while for people to find it. No passion for radio in this day and age. They need promotion.

As we suggested might be the case during the stunting, the KSTE calls were a decoy to avoid giving away a station name or format with the real calls.

To your point Michael, I think the stunting did little but annoy. While I'm an old radio guy, my teenagers and wife were like "whatever". Times have changed.

To your point Michael, I think the stunting did little but annoy. While I'm an old radio guy, my teenagers and wife were like "whatever". Times have changed.
Yeah---and really, even back in the days when we were the target audience, I think those of us who cared about the stunts were in the minority.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom