• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Fire The Sales People.

pocket-radio

Inactive
Inactive User
Did you read this? Farid Suleman (ABC Citadel) is considering cutting his sales staff now. It's bad enough radio is moving towards more voice tracking, now the sales people are endangered species too. Who could have seen this one?

Farid bueller believes, as much as half of the revenues would come in with or without a salesperson. Ok maybe a clerk could work the accounts. As quoted in Inside Radio "why are we paying commissions for that revenue?" So I bet CC, Saga & Cox and the rest of the greed monger clones must be thinking the same thing. And I'll add agency avails will be booked over the internet. Just like the airlines! So why pay commisions to a lazy rep who just takes the order. Ya right.

So this means if your station is # 1 or # 2 and you’re an ad guy or gal selling with a big agency list, look out! You could be fired next. Today we call it budget cuts.

If Faird bueller tries the great experiment and it works. Guess what! Send in the greed mongers because they will all see and due. I'd love to buy you a lovely bunch of bannas. But I can't because I'm out of work too because of budget cuts.

The good news is, they’ll be more coffee for the on air people. just kidding they’ve cut that budget too.

Who names their kid Faird anyway?

Seems like you might be safer with a station that’s # 17th because the agencies won't be calling.

Hey bueller, have some guy or gal from India working the agencies! Just change his or her name to Bob or Susan.. They'll never notice. and you can pay them $1.00 an hour.. Oh shouldn't done that.. given them any ideas.. Hello my name is Bob.. oh my god.

I really thought radio was done cutting the fat but I'm wrong, again!

Cornelius said: Well Taylor, we're all fugitives now.

Dr. Zaius said: Don't look for it, Taylor. You may not like what you find.

Taylor said: You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

Your thoughts?

This is a repost. Has to be. I read the same thing days ago, and again days before that, and everytime it gets up on the headline thing at the top of the page.

I'm not a sales guy but I am sure I will be at some point. Excuse my ignorance here.

Are you saying that if advertisers want to buy time they can go online and purchase it at a discounted rate? Therefore, greedy corporations can eliminate the sales staff?

Isn't a large part of radio sales going out and finding business? Making 100 phone calls a day?

I don't understand how stations could just post online what it costs to advertise on their station. Isn't that like showing your cards? So if the price is not posted, there will still need to be a negotiation as soon as the advertiser has contacted the station.

Once again, I don't really know exactly what I am talking about but I thought I might throw that out there.

pocket-radio said:
Did you read this? Farid Suleman (ABC Citadel) is considering cutting his sales staff now. It's bad enough radio is moving towards more voice tracking, now the sales people are endangered species too. Who could have seen this one?

Farid bueller believes, as much as half of the revenues would come in with or without a salesperson. Ok maybe a clerk could work the accounts. As quoted in Inside Radio "why are we paying commissions for that revenue?" So I bet CC, Saga & Cox and the rest of the greed monger clones must be thinking the same thing. And I'll add agency avails will be booked over the internet. Just like the airlines! So why pay commisions to a lazy rep who just takes the order. Ya right.

So this means if your station is # 1 or # 2 and you’re an ad guy or gal selling with a big agency list, look out! You could be fired next. Today we call it budget cuts.

If Faird bueller tries the great experiment and it works. Guess what! Send in the greed mongers because they will all see and due.

Dear Mr. Einstein,

If Faird tries it and it works..... THEN IT WAS A GOOD MOVE! Hello!???!?

Let me introduce you to an interesting concept: Radio is a business. Think about that for a bit.

Harry Guy said:
pocket-radio said:

If Faird bueller tries the great experiment and it works. Guess what! Send in the greed mongers because they will all see and due.

Dear Mr. Einstein,

If Faird tries it and it works..... THEN IT WAS A GOOD MOVE! Hello!???!?

Let me introduce you to an interesting concept: Radio is a business. Think about that for a bit.

As Richard Nixon said to David Frost in the famous interview after Frost said words to the effect of "so you are saying the President did something that was illegal?"... Nixon responded "I'm saying that if the president did it -- it was not illegal."

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom