• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Fewer 80s and 90s and more recurrents/currents on AC

I haven't seen what either one does, but it is softer than WEZV and WKQC.

iHeartMedia's KDGE (Star 102.1 / Dallas-Ft. Worth)
Wake Me up Before You Go-Go - Wham!
Sugar - Maroon 5
Hotel California - Eagles
I Hope You Dance - Lee Ann Womack
Kiss - Prince
Radioactive - Imagine Dragons & Kendrick Lamar
Take on Me - a-ha
Someone Like You - Adele
Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield
Get the Party Started - P!nk
Livin' On A Prayer - Bon Jovi
Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi
P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing) - Michael Jackson
Ho Hey - The Lumineers
Your Song - Elton John

iHeartMedia's WMGF (Magic 107.7 / Orlando)
Just the Way You Are - Bruno Mars
Forever Young - Rod Stewart
I'll Make Love To You - Boyz II Men
Jack & Diane - John Mellencamp
Radioactive - Imagine Dragons & Kendrick Lamar
Maneater - Daryl Hall & John Oates
Am I Wrong - Nico & Vinz
Under Pressure - Queen & David Bowie
Can't Fight The Moonlight - LeAnn Rimes
Two Hearts - Phil Collins
Need You Now - Lady A
Black Velvet - Alannah Myles
Heaven Is A Place On Earth - Belinda Carlisle

It seemed like WKQC are halfway between KDGE/WMGF and WLTW/KOST?

It seemed like to me WLTW is even softer than WLYF on the older end while it's still harder than WLYF in the younger end. Some of the songs that WLYF doens't air anymore "Where Do Broken Hearts Go", "Didn't We Almost Have It All", "After All" by Cher & Peter Cetera, "Next Time I Fall", "Suddenly", "Living Years", "The Way It Is", "Just Once", "Baby, Come to Me" and "On the Wings of Love" are still aired on WLTW today. usually on their "Best of the 80s Weekend". WLTW also air "Where Do Broken Hearts Go" and "Didn't We Almost Have It All" on their regular weekday programming.

Uh... Don't you mean "Higher Love" by Steve Winwood? The "Higher Love" by Kygo & Whitney Houston is a 2019 new single cover version of the 1986 song by Winwood.
I think WEZV finally played the Kygo/Whitney version too many times. I just hear Steve Winwood for the first time since they changed from soft AC.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom