• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Female Talk

A

azenergyfan

Does anyone have any info on who will be on the female talk stations for HD? Just curious

> Does anyone have any info on who will be on the female talk
> stations for HD? Just curious

If there are any they'll have to come from syndicators. With very few exceptions (WCBS-HD2 is a clear example) stations are reluctant to put money into a service that has virtually no listeners.

It's a chicken and egg situation. A syndicator needs ratings from affiliates to sell advertising. With a tiny audience (not reasonably trackable with the layered display) there's no incentive for a network to affiliate an HD2.

I created and ran the WOR Radio Network for 10 years. I would not affiliate an HD2 because it would prevent me from taking on a full audience analog signal in the market.

I think Jabba the HD and the HD Dominion will have to put some of that $200 million (much of it station inventory, not cash) into demonstration networks with world class personalities before any but early adopters will find IBUZ an appealing purchase. Unless those stations run HD2 inventory on their analog channels there's no reason for a competent media buyer who wants to keep his/her job to take a second look at such a service.

Rich

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom