• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Feb 6+

What? No one's mentioned Gisela (guy-see-la) yet....just a hop, skip and jump over the junkyard lots of Rye.

What? No one's mentioned Gisela (guy-see-la) yet....just a hop, skip and jump over the junkyard lots of Rye.
I read an article that all those pieces of junk, er, I mean Priceless Antique Vehicles were welded together. No?

In 1940 there were a lot more stations than that:

View attachment 4539
That is 11 stations, including one CP in Press-kit and an early station in Jerome!

KPHO arrived a year later.
Lowell? Isn't that an annexed part of Bisbee, near the old copper mine? Well, nice they had their very own radio station, but looking at an old Broadcasting Yearbook, KSUN ditched Lowell as a COL, and switched to Bisbee. Although, they still went dark, a very long time ago.

And past my favorite Hwy. 87 town...Sunflower!
With a landing strip just yards away from the southbound lane. Fly White Knuckles Airlines non-stop to Punkin Center. Complimentary barf bags on every flight!

Lowell? Isn't that an annexed part of Bisbee, near the old copper mine? Well, nice they had their very own radio station, but looking at an old Broadcasting Yearbook, KSUN ditched Lowell as a COL, and switched to Bisbee. Although, they still went dark, a very long time ago.
The mine ate a big chunk out of the original townsite at the turn of the 20th century.

KSUN...what a sad story (for another thread...)

Pecos is pay-cos not picos,
And, of course, it should be Peh-cohz. Different latitudes, different accents (but, heck, that does not rhyme.)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom