• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Favorite Bygone Local Burger Joints

Massapequa (Long Island) had an All American Burger stand on Merrick Rd, near the terminus of Hicksville Rd. Waves (sorry for the pun) of hungry beach-goers would slam All American at days end. Not sure, All American may still be in business. They were holdouts from a time long since gone, offering very limited seating. All American was primarily a drive-in.

Re Wetsons: I earlier mentioned this revered icon from Long Island's past on another thread, and promptly got my wrist slapped for misspelling it. After the closing of their last store, heirs to the Wetsons estate were living a very lavish, priviliged lifestyle in a gated community on Nassau County's ritzy north shore.

Yeziknoradio said:
The Boss should visit Canada and give BOTH Swiss Chalet and St. Hubert chicken a try.

Sorry, to be more correct, I meant the Boss of Boston Market. NOT Bruce Springsteen! :D

The Church's Chicken in a local convenience store in Jackson, TN I mentioned earlier has closed now. So it's another chain that didn't last long here. Popeye's is doing better with chicken here now, and there is only one KFC left.

anotherguy said:
The Church's Chicken in a local convenience store in Jackson, TN I mentioned earlier has closed now. So it's another chain that didn't last long here. Popeye's is doing better with chicken here now, and there is only one KFC left.
Church's hasn't done that well here in Nashville, either. The co-located one with White Castle is still there, and I believe that the standalone location in Brentwood is still there. The others have either become Athens Greek restaurants (Bellevue, and Melrose/Berry Hill (Franklin Road area)) or check-into-cash-type places, or worse yet, have sat vacant. :'(

I didn't look back through this thread to see if I previously mentioned the above in any of this thread's previous lives.

firepoint525 said:
Church's hasn't done that well here in Nashville, either. The co-located one with White Castle is still there, and I believe that the standalone location in Brentwood is still there. The others have either become Athens Greek restaurants (Bellevue, and Melrose/Berry Hill (Franklin Road area)) or check-into-cash-type places, or worse yet, have sat vacant. :'(

I didn't look back through this thread to see if I previously mentioned the above in any of this thread's previous lives.

In Jackson the Taco Bell on South Highland moved to a new building a few lots down, and now the old building is becoming a Title Max location. :p

More material for the Not Fooling Anybody website if it was still around. ::)

I'm just realizing now there's no more Burger time cafe in Toronto. That's too bad. They had good burgers!
They've most likely been gone for years. They were located in a part of Toronto, Canada I don't visit too often.

anotherguy said:

Surprisingly, there is only ONE Church's chicken in Toronto. It's a stand alone restaurant that replaced an old bank that closed a while back.

Depending on where you are in North America, you may want to add Dairy Queen to this list.
It seems many Dairy Queens have chosen to simply stick with being an ice cream place.

DQ has always been a dairy place but some franchises also have grills (and are advertised as such).

After fixing the mess with one person fired on television, I doubt they are in the same mess. I'm expecting them to expand in (or into) Western New York and possibly into Canada.
If they do enter any Canadian market, they'll have fun tackling Swiss Chalet!
(And Swiss Chalet's competition, St Hubert if they expand into Quebec)

Boston Market (formerly Boston Chicken) are still around in Phoenix. I'm not all that fond of their food though.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom