• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Favorite AAA stations?

KPND/95.3 Coeur d'Alene here as well. Good music mix and widely heard around eastern WA and north ID. Will have to listen to The Trail the next time I'm in Missoula (very likely this June). Usually I listen to The Drive (KHDV/K279CP), CCM from SOS (KMZL) or the excellent music mix of rimshot KIBG 'Big 100' up in Polson, whenever I am out that way.

A list in no particular order:
WXRT Chicago
KBAC Santa Fe, NM
KBXR Columbia, MO
KFMG-LP Des Moines, IA
WTTS Indianapolis
WXPN Philadelphia
I also need to try out KEXP Seattle some more

Over-the-air, in order of preference:
105.5 KJAC Timnath, CO (Fort Collins-Greeley) - co-owned with NPR station KUNC - available in Denver at least until some pointless LPFM goes on the air in either south Denver or Aurora on the same frequency
102.3 KVOQ Denver - Colorado Public Radio
97.3 KBCO Boulder - iHeart, also has an HD-2 "Studio C" channel

Along with many of the aforementioned:

107.1 The Peak WXPK Briarcliff Manor-White Plains, NY
(studios moved from White Plains to Port Chester, NY within the last couple of years)
Playlist: 107.1 The Peak On Air Playlist
A bit more adventurous:

FM 106.9 The Lodge WLGE Baileys Harbor, WI
Playlist: The Lodge
BTW, both stations have the "10 at 10" feature (The Peak: AM + PM + Sunday replay; The Lodge AM only)

Bagel radio is another one that I heard and it's one of those online/app only AAA I sometimes listen to.

WLBC Radio app is another interesting one with some AAA on one side of the app and country in another part of the app.

Last edited:
Mainly just KEXP - Seattle. They have, or will, set up a Bay Area Station, legally KEXC but named "KEXP Bay Area", which I don't care for. I think it's at least a partial simulcast, too.

Occasionally WYEP Pittsburgh.

CBC Music (a.k.a. CBC Radio 2) - It's block programming, but the weekday morning and afternoon drive periods are uniquely AAA formatted.

Afterdark in the evenings is like a modern-day Venus Flytrap nighttime show, and overnights are wonderfully eclectic. Segments of classical music and Canadiana round out the schedule.

Afternoon Drive host Rich Terfry exemplifies how to do voice-tracking worth listening to.
---

Adding the ways to hear it:
"Alexa, ask CBC to play CBC Music "Atlantic"/"Eastern"/"Central"/"Mountain"/"Pacific" (whichever time zone you want. They're time shifted. The strangely-worded command is because you're invoking Alexa's CBC skill. Doing it this way works in the U.S.)

Sonos has a straightforward CBC app that streams fine in the U.S. I don't know what the commands are for Hey Google or Siri but feel free to add your experience.

Streaming from the CBC website may be geoblocked outside of Canada but VPN is your friend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom