• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Fast work

In the recent announcements for more Sears closings the store in Jackson, TN missed the ax again, but the auto center was closed.
I had to go back and read my previous comments, because I posted those a year ago, but the irony here (in addition to what I previously posted) was that the auto center was apparently the part of Sears in the old Bellevue Center that was actually the best performing part of the store (may have taken my car there a time or two), and may have been the linchpin that actually prevented the store from closing for as long as it did, thus holding up redevelopment of the mall for as long as it did. I know that when I worked for UPS, we routinely picked up and delivered at that Sears store, so it must have served as some sort of regional distribution hub at the time (2010-2012).

Contrary to what I posted earlier here, I do not believe that there is any K-Mart store left within a day's drive of me here. The one in Goodlettsville (Long Hollow Parkway at I-65) announced its closing not too long ago, and I believe that the one on Donelson Pike (which I mentioned previously) may now be closing as well.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom