• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Fantastic word game

An entire two words of the bolded clue before his were overlooked by Kenny, and maybe now he'll pay more attention to me when I tell him that he should change his graphics display and not have white letters on a pale yellow background.

It's almost as hard to read as the small white letters that appear near the end of political ads on television. The oil companies, insurance companies and labor unions don't want us to know how much money they're spending trying to defeat ballot measures that might affect their wages and profits and pensions.

A pale yellow background on this board might provoke groans and epithets from some, but nowhere near the anger aimed at RadioDiscussions.com management during the infamous black background fiasco.

The infamous black background fiasco was under the old Radio Discussions management team but they are long gone and were replaced by a new, hip, young, in-the-moment, TFWG-loving management team.

A new, hip, young, in-the-moment, TFWG-loving management team has given a nice clean modern look to this site but their lawyers have informed them that identifying themselves collectively as "The Fantastic Four" is out of the question.

How unfortunate---especially considering that one of the guys lives on Yancy Street.

Out of the question usually comes the answer, whether you like it or not.

Shakespeare for dieters: "Tubby or not tubby, that is the question..."

Whether you like it or not[/b), the colder fall weather is here which means colder winter weather is lurking just around the corner.

Just went out to get pizza. It's 42 degrees and raining. Brrrrrrr!

By the way, that reminds me. A week from tomorrow (the 9th), I head to....yup, say it with me.....Florida for vacation. As dmargalotti rarely pops in here anymore, Miss Silkie will be in charge, if that's ok with you, Miss Silkie. I hope it is. Otherwise, the Pun Boys will have to watch over things and nobody wants that! :D

Colder winter weather is lurking just around the corner, and that makes me wonder where cold weather would lurk if all our houses and buildings were round and had no corners.

Here in drought-stricken southern California, we all rejoiced when the season's first rainstorm started to move onshore last night and forecasters predicted between .10 and .25 inches of rain would fall. Here in Glendale, we got a whopping .01 inch. That certainly didn't do much to relieve the effects of our drought!

No corners are necessary if you choose to run around in circles.

Having a great time at Illusions with Dave & Kenny.

Run around in circles might be a good way to stay warm during this cold weather or just bulk up in sweaters and other cold weather gear.

Unless you live near Kenny or LARR in which case you are in tshirts and shorts all year long. Those lucky bas---...ummm...guys!

Sweaters and other cold weather gear are needed if you take a one hour drive to the Sierras as we had our first rain and snow of the season.

This storm that came through Friday night was the first major storm since back in early Spring.

Our first rain and snow of the season here in sunny southern California occurs when we play our CDs of Purple Rain by Prince and Hank Snow's Greatest Hits.

I'm not making a pun. That truly is the only way we get rain and snow here!

Albums, in fact started out quite literally as 78 rpm shellac records bound in a book.

My blood runs cold, my memory has just been sold, my album's got no center hole!

A book about TFWG (as Miss Silkie knows I prefer) is being ghostwritten by dmargalotti which may be why he's been so busy that he doesn't pop in here as much anymore.

Or maybe he ran away with quadraphonic.

Anymore, whenever we see multiple pages of posts since our last visits we are most impressed, considering we used to blow through 350 pages a year.

350 pages a year find employment in the Senate and the House of Representatives and, when I hear a new novel described as "a real page-turner," it's hard for me to not picture them spinning around and around.

Spinning around and around, creating some heat, is about the only way you can stay warm during these chilly times.

These chilly times, when the days grow short and cold and it keeps getting later earlier, are especially trying on Walter Lantz's cute little penguin Chilly Willy.

Not to be confused with the late Chill Wills, or with dead salesman Willy Loman, who was low man on the totem pole,

Back
Top Bottom