• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Extensions granted for 600 and 940 Montreal

TTP Media now has until November 21, 2015 to get both the new English language News-Talk station on 600 and the new French language News-Talk station on 940 in Montreal on the air.

Do we know yet what the call letters will be for the new 600 AM Montreal will be ?

Not yet, and that's what really puzzles me. Usually those are some of the first details announced when a stations gets licensed. A timeline has now been established. 6 to 9 months. The extra time was just in case. This will be the final extension for 940.

Apparently there has been a lot of activity at the transmitter site. People have been working there all week but I have yet to hear an open carrier. Still the fact that there is work being done is a sign of something happening. This comes from a Montreal Radio blog.

When I know anything, I'll post it. Don't expect it this year, maybe next....they can file for an extension, but haven't done so yet. There is no news.

When I know anything, I'll post it. Don't expect it this year, maybe next....they can file for an extension, but haven't done so yet. There is no news.

Is the deadline to get AM 600 on the air still at November 21, 2015 or did they file an extention ?

They have until November of next year. November 21 2015 was the deadline for 940 only (that also was extended). The plan is to launch them in the next few months. A deal is being finalised with cogeco to purchase the equipment rather than lease it.

No Clue. I'm going to make a guess for knowing more by sometime in May. Of course, it something happens earlier, it will be posted here.

It's going to be a talk station when it launches this year, and yes, there will be news every hour of the day, but it's effectively a talk station.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom