• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Erie Radio

bowserb

Inactive
Inactive User
Whats the deal driving through Erie now Modern Rock is gone. 93.9 brought some life into Erie when it was modern rock. Now all that remains is rocket 101 (which is nothing to brag about) and 102.3 is fine for classic rock. Now the Erie area has 100.3 (meadville), 97.9 WXTA (edinboro) and 93.9 Wolf Country this seems to be a bit much. Erie could use some more variety, maybe have a 107.9 (Cleveland) repeater for some hip-hop, get a smooth jazz station in there, and switch one of those country stations to modern rock. If the Erie area is trying to shake off its past and move forward, getting rid of one of the classic rock stations would be a help.

They didn't even inform their morning man Captain Dan of the change. While Bob may be successful in Erie, this was a slap in the face of a man who's spent 19 years doing mornings in the market.

It would be a good move for Captain Dan, and I'm glad to hear that music is coming back to the old 1330. I sure enjoyed my time at Radio 13 WRIE, back in the day. Tremendous talent came through that station.

well listening to the new Bob FM really made it clear Erie has no variety. It has become classic rock and country. Country: 100.3 meadville, wxta 97.9, and 93.9 us country. And now more classic rock or 60's-90's. 94.7 Bob Fm, rocket 101, and z102.3 classic rock.

just noticed on this new Bob station, Kelly Clarkson, Tom Petty, and Billy Idol were played in the same 10mins. This is just wrong.

1330 goes with Scott Shannon's Real Oldies Channel

Good move?

yea I think the 1330 move is good, hopefully nothing happens to 1330 and becomes some AM Gold country or something

I programmed 1330 in the mid to late 80's with the WRIE call letters. Glad to hear that music will return to that frequency. When Ted Abbott left, Rich Peterson became our morning man. He was still doing all his characters. What is he doing now? And does anyone know where Ted Abbott is?

Don't know Rich personally, but he has been selling cable advertsing for the Adelphia (now Time-Warner) cable system. Also believe Pete Rakoczy does voiceover work for the T-W cable system.

I'm like you - no clue where Ted is. Last time I knew he lived in Fairview.

I see that 1330 will be picking up the Froggy name and call letters. Good move! So they will continue to pay Kerby for the name. Sounds like Cap't Dan could be making the jump back to AM. Just like his 1450 GO days.

Cap't Dan hosting a talk show on JET. 1330 goes with Scott Shannon oldies, and has to drop the Froggy moniker, grandfathered by Kerby Confer and Myron Jones for the FM only. So now we have "Erie's True Oldies Channel" all Scott, all the time.

Does creepy John Kleiner actually work at WJET? I met him in the early 90's and wasn't quite sure if he understood everything going on around him. Never looked you in the eyes during a conversation. A little unerving.

Korky-You've really peaked my curiousity as to who you are. Saw you mention that you worked in Philly as well.

Where all did you work in Erie?

Some of the "oldtimers" may remember WCCK with the CKLW-like format back in the early 70's. One of the partners at that time was Carl Marcocci. Carl brought me to Erie and gave me that powerhouse FM in 1970 to do whatever would work. We were one of the first pure top 40 FM's in the country. Sadly, Carl died a few days before Christmas here in Florida. Carl was 68 years old.

Hi....is there anyone on this board that lives in Erie, PA? I go to Erie once a month and enjoy listening to Rocket 101 and Z102 along with classy 100...would anyone be able to make me some airchecks? I would tape stuff from my area or pay for the supplies.

[email protected]

I remember WICU Radio 1330 back in the 1950's and prior to that I think their call letters were WIKK.

I must have missed something, when was 93.9 doing modern rock?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom