• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Edison's Sean Ross looks at the boys Jack, Bob and more...

radiodx

Inactive
Inactive User
Was it worth it? Sean Ross of Edison Research makes this observation.

After Two Years, Bob- And Jack-FMs Still Better Than What They Replaced

Last year, Edison Media Research teamed with Arbitron to take the first comprehensive look at ratings for the earliest converts to Bob-FM, Jack-FM and other Adult Hits outlets. This year, we analyze 25-54 data for 38 stations that have spent at least three books in the Adult Hits formats. Tracking those stations over time, only six stations are not doing better than they were with their previous format. And half the format has now rebounded at least once from a down book--defying the image of a station that booms quickly, then busts permanently. Read "Keeping Track Of Jack, Bob, and Friends" by clicking here; http://edisonmediaresearch.cmail1.c...com/home/archives/2006/06/keeping_track_o.php

One other interesting finding of the study: Only three stations were No. 1 25-54 AQH in the Winter '06 book. Two are Bonneville's KPKX (the Peak) Phoenix, and WARH (the Arch) St. Louis. What are these stations doing differently? Well, musically and presentationally, they are considerably different than many of their colleagues. Read about how in this week's Ross On Radio.

http://edisonmediaresearch.cmail1.c...om/home/archives/2006/06/what_are_adult_1.php

I haven't read that actual research yet, but I did hear a good bit about it, before reading the comments here.
That being said, I thought I would cover all the topics to be brought up by the same 5 brain surgeons and
steal their thunder just like Jack stole their lives....

I just want to tell all the naysayers (especially that dreadedOldiescat-tool) that this study is flawed and all Jacks are total failures
that won't be around in, okay, another year, after giving them only a year about a year ago, and that they are short
term non-issues radio stations and really need to get rid of that Cogan jerk with the irritating voice, and smartass comments and
they need jocks and local weather and traffic and they don't need to play all those songs that don't flow or
make sense and they suck and I told you all this the day these monsters came to America to run everybody
out of business and I am glad they are all in the bottom 3 stations with no advertising and no listeners and
they get what they deserve since they don't care about the listeners, play requests, talk over the same 23
songs and play six songs an hour and talk and bleep out cuss words for 48 minutes an hour and especially
since they don't sound like all the other stations that copycat each other and play the same songs because
repitition is really cool and everybody that hated all the radio stations for never playing anything different
or trying to be unique have banded together to boycott Jack because it's so horrible and such a con and I
have to go collect my unemployment now because of what Jack, Cogan and those overplayed 80's songs
did to me and all my friends that don't even post on here anymore because they can't afford the internet
because Cadillac Jack and Jack FM ruined our cushy lives. And that survey is a con as is all the top rated
Jack stations. It's all a FCC conspiracy that'll be traced back to global warming and George Bush. And
now even Al Gore can't save us. So, thank you Mr. Edison. Just....go back to just making light bulbs.
Oh and Sean Ross is probably Cadillac Jack's brother or even maybe another fake name for him. Lies,
all lies.

Tibbs2 said:
I haven't read that actual research yet, but I did hear a good bit about it, before reading the comments here.
That being said, I thought I would cover all the topics to be brought up by the same 5 brain surgeons and
steal their thunder just like Jack stole their lives....

I just want to tell all the naysayers (especially that dreadedOldiescat-tool) that this study is flawed and all Jacks are total failures
that won't be around in, okay, another year, after giving them only a year about a year ago, and that they are short
term non-issues radio stations and really need to get rid of that Cogan jerk with the irritating voice, and smartass comments and
they need jocks and local weather and traffic and they don't need to play all those songs that don't flow or
make sense and they suck and I told you all this the day these monsters came to America to run everybody
out of business and I am glad they are all in the bottom 3 stations with no advertising and no listeners and
they get what they deserve since they don't care about the listeners, play requests, talk over the same 23
songs and play six songs an hour and talk and bleep out cuss words for 48 minutes an hour and especially
since they don't sound like all the other stations that copycat each other and play the same songs because
repitition is really cool and everybody that hated all the radio stations for never playing anything different
or trying to be unique have banded together to boycott Jack because it's so horrible and such a con and I
have to go collect my unemployment now because of what Jack, Cogan and those overplayed 80's songs
did to me and all my friends that don't even post on here anymore because they can't afford the internet
because Cadillac Jack and Jack FM ruined our cushy lives. And that survey is a con as is all the top rated
Jack stations. It's all a FCC conspiracy that'll be traced back to global warming and George Bush. And
now even Al Gore can't save us. So, thank you Mr. Edison. Just....go back to just making light bulbs.
Oh and Sean Ross is probably Cadillac Jack's brother or even maybe another fake name for him. Lies,
all lies.
its too bad that you where a failure as a DJ of one of these stations, but don't take it out on this board :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom