• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Earthquake: any mention on the local radio stations?

At about 7:15 PM last night I felt an earthquake in my home in Dover NH and according to the news it was centered in Maine. The local TV station broke into their regular programming with coverage. I checked the radio and could not find one local ME or NH station where the event was even mentioned. I know that most of the local stations don't have live jocks at night, but was there any station that covered the quake minutes after it happened? This was significant news.

New to these boards and saw this post.
We were live last night for Southern Maine. We took callers and interacted with our listeners.
Everyone checked in to say where they felt the earthquake, if there was any damage, reporting cell & internet outages and so forth.
We also passed on information live on air and via our social platforms as it was available.
In hindsight, it turns out to be a smaller event but at the time our listeners found it to be fairly intense and we were happy to be live and local for them.

^^
Welcome and what station in southern Maine? From where I live I can get most stations in So ME and I'm sorry I missed you when I checked.

That was my guess too but didn’t want to assume. Hot 104.7 does have an active FB page that did mention the quake that night. Props to them as none of the Clear Channel stations in the seacoast, along with WTSN AM, and others I checked did cover it at the time.

I was not on the air at the time, but I posted details (as they became available) on the station facebook page.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom