• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Eagle 106.9 vs Mojo 104.7

porkythepig

Inactive
Inactive User
In your opinion, which is the better station and why?

Looking for serious responses of substance here. Please, no personal attacks or slams. Thanks.

My pick goes to Mojo, SOLID airstaff, imaging and a better mix of music.  I've heard it's on in alot of businesses.

lol I thought Todd got fired two years ago.

I only posted this because I just wanted an outsider opinion on the Fargo classic hits/oldies battle.

doctor_radio said:
no need to rehash this topic here when most in the Dakotas get their fix from redandnater ;)

(no, Todd didn't get fired this time, either.)

All I have to say is that Mike Waters is doing stellar programming Mojo, and it'll be interesting how Scott Hennen counterprograms with the Eagle.

From what I understand there is a consultant programming The Eagle.

porkythepig said:
In your opinion, which is the better station and why?

Looking for serious responses of substance here. Please, no personal attacks or slams. Thanks.

My pick goes to Mojo, SOLID airstaff, imaging and a better mix of music. I've heard it's on in alot of businesses.

THE RESULT WAS ???? ;D

they both lose, my 2cents, Mojo is "wimpy"(its appearantly some kind of new format "Lite Oldies") and the Eagle is boring and the morning show talks too much and they're not funny.

I don't know - But i believe cspotrun is predicting the future of RFM. I wouldn't rule Michaels out on that one. :-\

i think the best incarnation of the format was 92.7 a few years ago, the one that CC killed off in that building. right now i don't see how two stations can survive here in little old fargo doing the same thing.

cspotrun said:
i think the best incarnation of the format was 92.7 a few years ago, the one that CC killed off in that building. right now i don't see how two stations can survive here in little old fargo doing the same thing.

You mean "The Outlaw"? I loved that station with a passon.. the music, Not the jocks.
The bad deal was that they were building listeners at the time the format was axed.

The Beave said:
cspotrun said:

You mean "The Outlaw"? I loved that station with a passon.. the music, Not the jocks.
The bad deal was that they were building listeners at the time the format was axed.

no i'm talking about KOOL 92.7, since we're talking about 60's & 70's hits.

RFM (Ingstad) had to divest 92.7 (to Northwestern College) because it was over the market cap.  The previous ownership of CC was grandfathered.

franksandhotdogs said:
RFM (Ingstad) had to divest 92.7 (to Northwestern College) because it was over the market cap. The previous ownership of CC was grandfathered.

Was that Gary that was running that before CC? and weren't the studios once located in the West Fargo Industrial Park near the Old Westco Building?

The Beave said:
franksandhotdogs said:
RFM (Ingstad) had to divest 92.7 (to Northwestern College) because it was over the market cap. The previous ownership of CC was grandfathered.

Was that Gary that was running that before CC? and weren't the studios once located in the West Fargo Industrial Park near the Old Westco Building?

no, wrong station.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom