• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

duplicate this sound

I'm going to suggest there was some compression in use - perhaps multiband - followed by a brickwall limiter.

Gimme 'til tomorrow to see if I can find out more.

qwezxc said:
ProducerGuy said:
Sounds like a good mic and decent pipes more than anything.

Just a raw WAV file? Not even a compander?

It's obviously not completely raw since there are effects added to it, but there isn't a lot of compression. Like the previous poster said, maybe a little multiband.

To the surprise of no one, sometimes all you need to do is go right up to the guy and ask, "How did you do that?".

I wrote to the creator of the audio segment in question, and he happily shared with me details of his entire rig, minus his settings. Qwezxc, I'll PM you with his response. For everyone else, his signature sound comes primarily from an SE Electronics microphone with only a touch of basic comp and EQ found in ProTools LE 8. Evidently, using the plain vanilla tools he was given, he just tweaked, plugged, and finessed his way to exactly the sound he wanted.

Sometimes it ain't the tools; it's the carpenter.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom