• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

DUI Rap For 98 Rock's Stash

You know, I can't understand it.

I enjoy a few drinks from time to time, but getting behind the wheel is just plain stupid afterwards. If you don't kill someone, and just get caught, it will cost you $20K now and you might get to keep your license. Lose your job, wreck your car, etc. It isn't worth it.

How sad, Stash chose to drink and drive and wrecked his car and 2 others, sent 5 people to the hospital. Lost his job at 98 Rock after 24 years, and probably ruined his career for the rest of his life. And this was the better outcome. A worse outcome would be everyone dying.

Don't drink and drive.

I understand what he did was wrong. But these days we consider a person charged with DUI to be the same as an axe murderer. That also is wrong.

jhguthlac said:
I understand what he did was wrong. But these days we consider a person charged with DUI to be the same as an axe murderer. That also is wrong.

I do tend to agree with that in one respect: The punishment far outweighs the crime in some very isolated situations. That is usually the guy who has two beers, happens to drive through a random checkpoint and gets arrested and treated like a criminal simply because he has just enough alcohol on his breath to be illegal. This however is quite rare. Usually, its the 3:00 AM, after-the-bar-lets-out folks, who are certain they can still drive home. They figure they can't possibly be that drunk.

BUT, if you don't make it a heavy-handed way of dealing with it, then you end up with a mess. Drunk drivers make for some pretty nasty accident scenes, lots of dead people (usually innocent) and ultimately walk away from the accident fairly uninjured. With a slick attorney they can get off relatively easily in comparison to the victims with a monetary fine and sometimes they even get to keep their license without more than some SR-22 insurance. Its a choice to get behind the wheel after you've been drinking. A stupid one, but still a choice, so there really isn't any excuse.

It is very simple. Get a ride, call a cab, or go sleep it off in the backseat of your car. Plan ahead, and you won't be demonized just like an axe murderer.

If you think about it, only about 1% of drunk drivers get into accidents. And less than half of those result in injuries. So the risk is low, but the consequences are great. I am part of the less than 1% who got injured because I rode with a drunk driver. Because of that I will never drive drunk or ride with a drunk driver.

Update: DCRTV says 98 Rock "is wading through a huge pile of resumes for its afternoon drive slot," mostly from folks within the 100-mile radius of Charm City. "WIYY hopes to fill the position soon, we hear."

Anyone notice the irony in the guy replacing Stash (Justin Schlegal) having the word "legal" in his name?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom