• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

doghouse claims they will be back on

from www.jvsworld.com , looks like they have some inside info, question is what station and when, well I think it could be the new 106.9, although I don't think we even have a format ready on that station yet,it could be a new CHR for the bay area??? or everybody keeps talkin about KLLC alice 97.3 flippin, well ever since vinnie left sarah the alice morning show hasn't been the same, so maybe they will go there, I don't see them going anywhere else if they decide to stay in SF, lamont & tonelli (better than the doghouse by far) on the bone aren't going anywhere anytime soon. so their aren't many stations left.......It's not LIVE 105, no clear channel station, not KFRC, I don't see them on a jacked station anywayz, It's not max, not KFOG, what else is their???

> from www.jvsworld.com , looks like they have some inside
> info, question is what station and when, well I think it
> could be the new 106.9, although I don't think we even have
> a format ready on that station yet,it could be a new CHR for
> the bay area??? or everybody keeps talkin about KLLC alice
> 97.3 flippin, well ever since vinnie left sarah the alice
> morning show hasn't been the same, so maybe they will go
> there, I don't see them going anywhere else if they decide
> to stay in SF, lamont & tonelli (better than the doghouse by
> far) on the bone aren't going anywhere anytime soon. so
> their aren't many stations left.......It's not LIVE 105, no
> clear channel station, not KFRC, I don't see them on a
> jacked station anywayz, It's not max, not KFOG, what else is
> their???
>

It is an updated message, but says pretty much the same thing as their original message after they got canned. I am guessing they are still looking for work with nothing on the horizon.

Honestly, I thought they were pretty good in San Jose, but by the time they ended in SF, I found them unlistenable. I don't know if it was JV's ego or his spiritual transformation, or a combination of both. But, maybe they are just a smaller market program.

> from www.jvsworld.com , looks like they have some inside info, question is what station and when...

So let me get this straight ... a guy who works in radio says on his *own website* that "The Dog House will be back on air soon!" (quoting the website), and you think he might have inside information? :)

For a guy who supposedly had gone thru a spiritual tranformation, JV was anything but spiritual in his last year at Wild...

> >>
> Honestly, I thought they were pretty good in San Jose, but
> by the time they ended in SF, I found them unlistenable. I
> don't know if it was JV's ego or his spiritual
> transformation, or a combination of both. But, maybe they
> are just a smaller market program.
>

> > I hadn't listened to the Doghouse in years - I used to think they were entertaining, but it sounds like their egos got away with them. Even before the Wild switch from 107.7 to 94.9 (pre-1998, was it?)they were talking openly on the air of their ambition to become syndicated stars, and dump Wild if they had to along with their "puny" salaries. It struck me at the time that they were being pretty ballsy - assuming they were "big league" way before they had proved it. I work in Human Resources (not in broadcasting), and run into an occasional job applicant who thinks this way...like the longtime Administrative Assistant who's angry and bitter that s/he hasn't been promoted to top management yet despite the fact s/he was dragged kicking and screaming from the typewriter into the world of MS Word. These people are not generally the best employees because they're blind to their own shortcomings.

from www.jvsworld.com , looks like they have some inside
> info, question is what station and when...
>
>
> So let me get this straight ... a guy who works in radio
> says on his *own website* that "The Dog House will be back
> on air soon!" (quoting the website), and you think he might
> have inside information? :)
>

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom