• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Does anyone remember Rhythm 98 in Miami

M

Mid West Clubber

I seriously doubt anyone remembers this station. It was only on the air for a few years in the late 80s. The station played mostly Miami Bass, and some Freestyle. I think it was on 98.3, which is spanish now.

It was around before I'd moved to Miami I believe. It lasted for less then a year from what I've read, but was a very cool station. It was around in 1986, but prolly just couldnt compete with Power 96.

Yeah, it was only there during one summer when we went to Miami in 1978 Chevy Pickup with a coachman camper on the back. I dont think they had much of a signal back then, i know their 100kw now, but I think their tower was in Homestead, and I had trouble picking them up in North Dade and Broward counties, but keep in mind I was listening on an oldschool Silver-Chrome panasonic boombox, and inside of a Shielded Metal RV at that. I could always start picking up Power 96, Y-100, and 93.1 WMTI-Back Then, I could start picking up all those stations around the Jupiter Area. Also, I dont know how, but you can get Power 96 and Y-100 all the way to Key West down highway 1.... There used to be a Dance station in Key West too, it was either 92.5 or 92.7, but I think its some form of CHR now, has been for a long time. Think it was called WOW FM,,, it may even have the same calls now, but I know it isnt Dance anymore.

Wow 92.7 was never a Dance station as far as I know. Key West back in the 80s had Wail 99 and 107.1 WIIS for CHR. WEOW debuted much much later.
It's poretty much impossible to pick up Power 96 and Y-100 down in Key West, but you may still be able to pick them up in Key Largo.

Wow fm or WOW 92.7 was a Z-1035 style station, I think sometime in the late 90s.

WAIL FM was CHR/Dance from 1987-1990. WEOW (WFYN) was soft AC. WIIS was CHR/ROCK.

Yes i remember rhyrhm 98 does anybody have in of there broadcasts recorded ? Would love to hear some on youtube

Radio

Yes i remember rhyrhm 98 does anybody have in of there broadcasts recorded ? Would love to hear some on youtube

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom