• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Doctor Who moving the TARDIS to Disney+ (Outside UK and Ireland) for 60th anniversary

Captain Kirk: "Faster Sulu, before Disney acquires us!"

With BBC America and HBO Max being part of Warner Discovery, this move might be one of the reasons BBC went elsewhere, but just my guess. At this rate, we could see more shows make their way (and dollars) to streaming platforms since they’re getting no love or room from OTA and cable platforms.

Looking forward to seeing it getting more publicity via promotion on ABC, it's O&O's, as well as its various cable entities including ESPN!!! Surely, more ppl will know about Doctor Who than when it was on BBC America.

Star Trek is owned by Paramount. I doubt they feel like selling a major franchise like that. And Disney buying Paramount I would think would be rejected by the government if they ever tried.
Correct. That would become a major priority with The Hill just like the Kroger/Albertsons merger that they’re furious about.

Looking forward to seeing it getting more publicity via promotion on ABC, it's O&O's, as well as its various cable entities including ESPN!!! Surely, more ppl will know about Doctor Who than when it was on BBC America.
I believe that will happen. Ncuti Gatwa, the new Doctor (number 15, since David Tennant, who was number 10, is number 14!), made the news official on “Live with Kelly & Ryan“ (October 25, 2022), which of course is a Disney property and on the same day it displayed the new logo (a updated one from the Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker era) the Disney+ logo was imposed at the bottom.

The quote was from a humorous meme (picture of Vader's battleship chasing the Enterprise).

I say Feh. Disney doesn't need my money that badly.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom