• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

DOA

The Altoona thread is much like the AM stations in Barnesboro, Ebensburg, & Loretto...DOA! Talk about dead air, there hasn't been a post on this danged thing since Hector was a pup.

fryman said:
Talk about dead air, there hasn't been a post on this danged thing since Hector was a pup.

I knew Hector back then. I was dating all of his sisters. Had to share them with Don Fox, though.

Do any of you remember Jim Van de Velde? He was program director of WFBG AM/FM when Triangle owned the stations. Whatever happened to Van de Velde after Triangle sold those stations?

SarasotaJim said:
fryman said:
Talk about dead air, there hasn't been a post on this danged thing since Hector was a pup.

I knew Hector back then. I was dating all of his sisters. Had to share them with Don Fox, though.

Good one, Jim!

Don Fox 8)

Is this thread "DOA" because nobody on the board actually works in the biz, anymore? Didn't Queen Carol issue a ban a few years ago, threatening employees with beheading if caught on radio-info? Too bad, because I'm sure some of their folks have some good stories to tell.

But there is stuff going on. In Altoona, WBRX continues to be 4ever's thorn-in-the-side, racking up double-digit shares. (Yeah, we know that Frog probably has it's usual 23 share, but after that none of the rest of their stations are killers).

And over in State College, both First Media and 2510 had longtime general managers exit the market. That's 2 of the 4 GMs in State College, gone and replaced by much younger people. With Scotty and Diana already in place, the median age of the SC general managers must be at a record low. Maybe there's hope for State College radio...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom