• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Distant cousins?

Think they'l draw more than 1.2?

Would Nashville ever try this? I would listen. I like the Logan's jukebox mix: uptempo country, light blues, classic rock.

It has already been done in Nashville twice before. "Rockin' Country" and "The Wolf." Although I don't think that either of them were quite as adventurous as this Pennsylvania station, but that may have been more of a generational thing.

It has already been done in Nashville twice before. "Rockin' Country" and "The Wolf."

I think the latter was programmed by John Sebastian who now programs KOAI The Wow Factor in Phoenix. He originally tried mixing 90s country with oldies, but later dropped the 90s country. It's now a Top 5 station in Phoenix.

This playlist is far more cutting edge than 102.9 and The Wolf. It would be interesting, I admit. Maybe KDF should try that...Wait for it! :)

Hey Tibbs, remember The Beaver in Bowling Green?

WBVR - are you referring to 101.1 before it became WJCE, etc., now The Beat? I knew Scooter Davis who was part of that version of The Beaver and it's second (smaller) signal, but I only remember it being country. Do tell.

Funny, I haven't thought about this in a while, BigA. I would believe the KY Beaver was the reason that WNPL (aka WNFN now) went from The Beaver to The Rooster as a rock format in Nashville after just a few weeks, years ago.

I think the latter was programmed by John Sebastian who now programs KOAI The Wow Factor in Phoenix. He originally tried mixing 90s country with oldies, but later dropped the 90s country. It's now a Top 5 station in Phoenix.
With nearly all the audience 65 and over...
Hey Tibbs, remember The Beaver in Bowling Green?
Somehow I do not think I want to know about that...

Back
Top Bottom