• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Digi-TV Shuts Down

I just noticed, as evidenced by the screenshot of my local affiliate, KFTR 46-6 in L.A., that I’ve attached to this post, that Digi-TV has ceased operations. According to the subchannel network’s Wikipedia page, it launched in September of last year and shut down today, August 1. So after less than a year, Digi-TV is the newest addition to the graveyard of defunct TV networks, whether primary or subchannel.

Attachments

• 063D0E55-08D7-4389-8334-1097E1D715BA.jpeg
    063D0E55-08D7-4389-8334-1097E1D715BA.jpeg
    814.5 KB · Views: 23
I just noticed, as evidenced by the screenshot of my local affiliate, KFTR 46-6 in L.A., that I’ve attached to this post, that Digi-TV has ceased operations. According to the subchannel network’s Wikipedia page, it launched in September of last year and shut down today, August 1. So after less than a year, Digi-TV is the newest addition to the graveyard of defunct TV networks, whether primary or subchannel.
Dang I never knew this network even existed. It would not shock me if Digi TV had a viewership less than even the top rated small market local TV stations given the lack of awareness of this network.

That's interesting as I always thought that TBD would cease operation first as that channel seemed more like stuff you watch on YouTube

From their live online stream, which is still up as I speak...
Screenshot (60).png

Too many sub channels out there with really terrible programming and from the looks of it Digi-TV was reliant on either bottom of the barrel programs or shipping in international shows.

What happened to the days when a minor network like America One actually tried to make an effort? It’s predecessors AMG and YTA look horrible.

their facebook page has some info on the shutdown

Due to economic decisions beyond our control we had to make the tough (and rather sudden) decision to end our broadcast. Our team did everything possible to keep it going but in the end, we came up short.
Thank you all for the kind words and emails sent to us. The response has been overwhelming and we have tried to respond to all of the messages to let you know what was going on and will continue to try and answer each and every one of you.
For those who have Roku or Prime, many of the series we broadcast are available on these platforms as well as other OTT outlets.

Website now just displays a "goodbye" page, everything else is gone.

Tuesday evening 8/2 the goodbye graphic was still up on KXLN 45.5 here in Houston. The station demapped the subchannel sometime early Wednesday morning.
KTVW/33.5 Phoenix has the same graphic. Still on as I write this.

Website now just displays a "goodbye" page, everything else is gone.

Tuesday evening 8/2 the goodbye graphic was still up on KXLN 45.5 here in Houston. The station demapped the subchannel sometime early Wednesday morning.
KFTR in L.A. demapped 46-6 sometime yesterday, August 2, just a day after Digi-TV’s demise.

Last edited:
Channel 19.5 in Des Moines now says new channel coming soon. It also says new channel coming soon on 19.4 as well as 19.6 is QVC and 19.7 is Newsmax.

They need to do more research before starting up some of these sub channels. When does the Flip Flop Channel debut?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom