• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Did Stacy Taylor stop giving a darn?

B

Bob_Hudson

Not a fan of Stacy Taylor but it used to be interesting to drop in at http://www.stacytaylor.com/ to see what BS he had concocted. Now though I notice he has not updated his own website since about June 2005! Does Clear Channel have some sort of policy that keeps hosts from having their own active sites? I know that Roger Hedgecock has his own actively promoted site, but he's in a league of his own at CC San Diego. Stacy's presence on the KLSD site is really nothing at all either. Makes you wonder if he's just going through the motions these days.

Seeing as how his old boss du-jour is now PD 1700, I wonder if he'll end up over there when his contract is up.

Did I say that out loud? Oops...

It's actually a lack of listenership.. He also shut down how message board a couple of times (sdtalks.com)

I think they rely mostly on myspace and the KLSD website.. He just signed a new contract and sdradio.net is a close compadre of his and can actually provide more insight to his dead websites..

mr_arbitron said:
It's actually a lack of listenership.. He also shut down how message board a couple of times (sdtalks.com)

I think they rely mostly on myspace and the KLSD website.. He just signed a new contract and sdradio.net is a close compadre of his and can actually provide more insight to his dead websites..

I maintain the hosting for Stacy's website. The SanDiegoTalks was hijacked and ... well, it is still a stay tuned item.

Of course seeing the big drubbing KLSD/Air America has had in the last book....down 2 whole points since the last book....it could perhaps be the opposite of "stay tuned."

sdwulfdawg said:
Of course seeing the big drubbing KLSD/Air America has had in the last book....down 2 whole points since the last book....it could perhaps be the opposite of "stay tuned."
The summer books are always down for all stations in San Diego because of the Padres! Watch the next book...

katethepoet said:
The summer books are always down for all stations in San Diego because of the Padres! Watch the next book...

Oh really? And where did you get that informational gem from, sweetie? Err Amerika? :D

Mr_Radio_Diary said:
katethepoet said:

Oh really? And where did you get that informational gem from, sweetie? Err Amerika? :D

Actually that was radio gospel - about 30 years ago. KOGO was the Padres station and was pretty much always number one during baseball season and then dropped way down during the non-Padres book (I think there were only two per year then). These days though baseball on the radio is a tiny blip on the scope I'm sure.

My personal view is that KLSD's current drop in the ratings from "Insignificant" to "Almost Obscure" is due to global warming, it being very green to turn off your radio to save energy. I would suggest that some of "progressives" instead adopt the homeboy strategy of energy savings: turn your radio up loud enough so that people around you don't need to turn on their radios.

No conspiracy, a previously planned vacation.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom