• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Dick Clark??

I know Dick Clark had a stroke late last year. Was he still doing any syndication radio shows? I know in the 80's he was Dick Clark's Countdown America and Dick Clark's Rock Roll & Remember. I was just curious as to when he ended those shows.

> I know Dick Clark had a stroke late last year. Was he still
> doing any syndication radio shows? I know in the 80's he
> was Dick Clark's Countdown America and Dick Clark's Rock
> Roll & Remember. I was just curious as to when he ended
> those shows.

Dick Clark's radio shows continue. He has two long-form shows on radio. One is "Rock Roll And Remember" (oldies) and the other is the "US Music Survey" (a weekly AC countdown). As far as I know, Dick Clark is still not currently producing new versions of either show.

He also has a short daily feature "Dick Clark's Music Calendar". I have no information on this show and how it's continuing.

All of the shows are syndicated by his company United Stations.

From my listening of "Rock Roll & Remember" it sounds like reedited older shows, or possibly full rebroadcasts of older shows. Dick Clark remains the host. There is no mention of his medical issues, and casual listeners might not even know anything has happened to him.

"US Music Survey" is using guest hosts noting that Dick Clark will be back.

You can listen to "Rock Roll & Remember" online in CD quality sound Sunday's at 2pm central time at http://www.q1520radio.com

(A lot of other good national shows air there too. Casey Kasem, Steve & DC, Mike Harvey, Dr. Demento, etc. See the program schedule.)

It has been said in the news that it is planned for Dick to be cohosting this years New Years Eve TV show with Ryan Seacrest whom will eventually take over as host of the show. We'll see.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom