• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Dennis Prager's "Happiness Hour" theme

On the Salem Communications syndicated talk show, "The Dennis Prager Show", on Friday's during the second hour he has his "Happiness Hour" talking about the importance of happiness. The hour has an opening theme song where he sings purposely silly, off-the-cuff, lyrics to the song for 15 to 20 seconds, or so, before going into his weekly explanation of the hour and the weeks discussion theme. I was given a "ton" of 45 rpm records and one of them turned out to be "The Happiness Hour's" exact theme, and the same version that Prager uses. It's a 1965 released Lawrence Welk record called "Apples and Bananas". It was the Welk orchestra's last charted (minor) hit. It was on Dot Records, the label all of his charted hits from the 1960s were on. For me, this was a surprising and pleasurable find. I had assumed that the theme was some production music.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom