• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Dennis Miller

Hugh Hewitt said on his Thursday show that Dennis Miller was ending his radio show. I've seen nothing else confirming this. Anyone else hear this?

Miller is on the radio today. I think his moving to Noon a year ago was a mistake, but it's a decent radio program IMO.

Reported last Thursday as part of the announcement of Jonathon Brandmeier's new syndicated program:
http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/138775/westwood-one-to-syndicate-jonathon-brandmeier

I don't blame Dennis for leaving. His clearances have been all over the clock; you don't mention what market he has been carried at noon in, but his show is live 10:00am-1:00pm ET so anything else is a delay. (Note: He doesn't have any say in where stations clear him on their schedule, so if you perceive a "mistake" blame the local station, not him.)

The last straw was probably the move here in L.A., where he had been carried on an 11-hour delay and then got tossed to a different station, with a worse signal, on a 15-hour delay.

The thin about Dennis is he's primarily an entertainer who happens to talk politics. I feel the radio needs more, not fewer, people like Dennis. People who have had experience standing in front of an audience, and knows when he's talked too long about a subject. Sure he knows the talking points, but he's not a preacher. Too bad. Another great radio host who's leaving the medium for Poscastland.

I liked Dennis' show. Yeah, he does get into the far right zone once in awhile, but he balances his program with humor, lifestyle features and he'll have celebrity guests on he knows and it comes across well. His clearances hit every daypart. Agree..that 15 hour delay on KABC was probably a deciding factor. He just started there recently.

Thanks for the article. I searched for news on it and couldn't locate a thing.

I'm sorry he's hanging it up, but indeed his clearances were inconsistent. I wasn't aware he was still live 10-1, not sure that's true. That was true until Jan 2014, but then he moved to 12-3. I know he ceased being cleared in Detroit when that change happened.

Miller is still live at 10AM ET, at least according to his web site.

Last Miller show is March 27, according to the Chicagoland Radio and Media site. Brandmeier will start at WGN (the origin point for the show) sometime before then, and presumably will be plugged into the network as of March 30.

...Jonny B's Chicago flagship will be WLS (partially replacing Limbaugh), not WGN. At least Brandmeier is still worth a chuckle or two when he feels like being funny; Miller hasn't been entertaining since about mid-point in his HBO television run, 15+ years ago. Being one of the Conservinazi Castrato Chorus voices in unison may pull down a paycheck, but does nothing for whatever artistic ambitions Dennis may have once had...

...Jonny B's Chicago flagship will be WLS (partially replacing Limbaugh), not WGN.

I stand corrected, as noted by my agreement with you in the other thread you posted in. For some reason (probably the heritage three-letter calls) I have for most of my life gotten the two confused whenever I speak off the cuff or post without proofreading. I know what I mean to say but it all comes out backwards.

Think I read they're doing reruns the rest of the way. Tuned in for a sec and he had Geo W Bush on whose 'new book' was Decision Points. Looked up...came out in late 2010...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom