• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Delilah To Take Time Off From Show To Grieve Loss Of Son

I would assume they will provide reruns of past shows.

I feel terrible for Delilah. I hope she comes out on top of this, and I wonder if it'll change the mood of her show going forward. I never cared for her show (being a College-aged guy) but I do vividly remember hearing her incredibly familiar voice when first listening to the radio as a young kid.

WEZV Myrtle Beach just started airing her show. Reruns do sound like a good idea, because it would be strange to do something else.

Delilah voicetracks are so generic it's like running a best of Dave Ramsey show. You could recycle either for months on end and nobody could tell the difference.

Yes, we can't imagine how horrible this must be for her.

I had a cousin commit suicide fifteen years ago. His mom will likely never be right again.
Unending depression. She blames herself. He may as well have killed her too.

Yes, we can't imagine how horrible this must be for her.

I had a cousin commit suicide fifteen years ago. His mom will likely never be right again.
Unending depression. She blames herself. He may as well have killed her too.

I know of a couple people who did it. Neither one were close friends of mine, but it was still shocking. I would never do it myself, but earlier this year I was going through a rough time (actually I still am) and I texted my best friend that I was going to do it. He texted me back that if I was stupid enough to do it he wasn't going to stop me and to not call him or text him again and if I decided not to kill myself to not to speak to him if I saw him at his job. - His response was harsh and surprising. Going back to when we were still coworkers he always told me to call him or text him if I needed to talk and he would be there. Then he went and turned his back on me in my time of need.

About 6 weeks later I ran into him and his girlfriend and I said to him "What gives?" And he told me that this other girl he had gone out with for about 6 months threatened to killer herself - a lot. (She never did). He said he didn't want to deal with another suicidal person. (The repeated threats of suicide was one of the reasons they broke up). Once she threatened suicide because he canceled their date. (He was working. Then he got sick and went home early. This guy almost never got sick so for him to go home sick he really had to have been sick). So my friend and I are back on speaking terms, but I would no longer call him my best friend.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom