• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Dan Dibley (Murph & Mac EP) Leaving KNBR For 95.7 FM

Non-competes are illegal and unenforceable in California, except in a few esoteric situations that don't apply here (partnerships, etc.) That doesn't keep some (most?) employers from requiring their employees to sign them -- but that's irrelevant. In court there would be no discussion. You can't sign away your rights.

A producer who is allowed to talk from time to time on the air is a big hire? Have you lost your mind? What's next, Gary Radnich losing his phone screener? Please!

I think non-competes are not usually enforceable in California as an employment contract component. However if someone sells their business or at least an equity position in their business there may be an enforceable non-compete, if specified, for up to seven years if specified.

Don't know much about Bay Area sports radio but this could be the start of a sports radio war between KNBR and KBWF. IMHO, 95.7 is serious about competing with KNBR by adding Murph & Mac. :)

radioguy39nj said:
Don't know much about Bay Area sports radio but this could be the start of a sports radio war between KNBR and KBWF. IMHO, 95.7 is serious about competing with KNBR by adding Murph & Mac. :)

Good I hate KNBR's bias against Oakland Sports Teams and the Mac & Murph show is HORRIBLE it's all Giants talk all the time. Enough!

Phedeks said:
radioguy39nj said:

Good I hate KNBR's bias against Oakland Sports Teams and the Mac & Murph show is HORRIBLE it's all Giants talk all the time. Enough!

There's a huge opportunity for 95.7 to capitalize on that bias and become a home for A's fans, maybe Raiders fans as well.

I say its a good move for Entercom to take radio veterans out of Cumulus like Big Rick from KFOG to KUFX and Murph and Mac from KNBR to 95.7 fm. Its good for competition.

Dan Dibley leaving I feel is not a big loss to KNBR, I feel Ray Woodson would be a great loss to KNBR (should he ever leave) they better hold on to him now that sports fans have a choice in Bay Area sport stations.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom