• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

countdown leaders

When I tried to go to the web pages, I received a 403 forbidden notice. Is there a site you have to sign up on first to see these?

Edited note: I found out that I needed to click directly on the link rather than try to open it as a separate tab. I just upgraded to IE 7 and it may be something funky with that.

I was watching a Christmas special a few years back and someone must have really messed up!

The show paused for a few seconds, then went to a black screen, then a screen that read "Place commercial here"

It then went back to the show. Now that was funny!!!!

Yeziknoradio said:
I was watching a Christmas special a few years back and someone must have really messed up!

The show paused for a few seconds, then went to a black screen, then a screen that read "Place commercial here"

that's just a placeholder so the network can roll their commericals

country103 said:
Yeziknoradio said:

that's just a placeholder so the network can roll their commericals

Actually, for the local stations to roll their break...

If the station is automated (even with a Master Control Operator) the computer (MCAS) usually tells the tape machine to cue the tape to the start of the next segment...now of course, the station might not be automated, or there could of been a computer failure, or something else.

For the (few) viewers of NBC programming...if you are watching NBC, and see (what MCO's call "The infamous") peacocks...you know there is a problem at the station or someone is asleep. As the peacocks are suppose to be covered up with local commercials or PSAs. CBS does not having anything like this, they just have black, I believe that is the same for ABC.

They also have the countdown (from 10) for the breaking news on all networks, which I think the best countdown that is out there is for NBC’s Special Report.

Yeziknoradio said:
For the (few) viewers of NBC programming...if you are watching NBC, and see (what MCO's call "The infamous") peacocks...you know there is a problem at the station or someone is asleep. As the peacocks are suppose to be covered up with local commercials or PSAs. CBS does not having anything like this, they just have black, I believe that is the same for ABC.

Actually, CBS will just put their bug on during the local break

i had video of the nbc special report countdown but i lost it, do you have it ?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom