• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Congrats To Z-100 and 102.7 KIIS FM: Number One With The 25-54 Demo

I was reading Allaccess, and noticed that NYC and L.A.'s Top 40 stations are not just market leaders with the 18-34 demo, they didnt just top the 18-49 cell, but they managed to also capture (yet again) number one rankings with THE money demo - 25-54 year olds. I'd imagine this is highly attributable to their morning shows, but is also a reflection of Top 40 Radio's broad-based reach in general.
Job well done to WHTZ and KIIS-FM.

Wow, that IS impressive! Apparently, people that used to listen to Top 40 when they were teenagers are coming back to it a generation later. I am a 49 year old male, hardly a "typical" Top 40 listener, but I find myself listening to KIIS more than any other station in LA now. That is due in part to my 13 year old son who likes hip-hop, which is a big part of KIIS' playlist. At first, I just tolerated KIIS because that's what my son always wanted to hear any time we were in the car together. Now, after I have gotten to know the music and personalities on KIIS, I listen even when he's not in the car with me. I've come full circle -- Top 40 to Rock and now, back to Top 40. Anyway, I am glad to see Top 40 making inroads with the "money demo".

Yes, that is very impressive and speaks well of the format.

If I recall correctly, WXKS Boston and WNCI Columbus also were #1 25-54 last book. Did they do it again this book, too?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom