• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Commander Chuck Grounded

Guess it was just a matter of time... Commander Chuck has been grounded. According to Don Barrett's LARP, Chuck's sponsor, Pepsi has decided to put it's marketing dollars somewhere else. No mention of KTLA. Chuck was on their morning show doing traffic. This is just another bit of sadness. Like Mike Nolan and several other (now former) airborne reporters, he'll be in a studio doing updates...

calguy said:
Guess it was just a matter of time... Commander Chuck has been grounded. According to Don Barrett's LARP, Chuck's sponsor, Pepsi has decided to put it's marketing dollars somewhere else. No mention of KTLA. Chuck was on their morning show doing traffic. This is just another bit of sadness. Like Mike Nolan and several other (now former) airborne reporters, he'll be in a studio doing updates...

My sister actually works for the news chopper that shoots reel for KTLA and Commander Chuck hasn't been doing traffic for them for a while now.

radiojomo said:
calguy said:

My sister actually works for the news chopper that shoots reel for KTLA and Commander Chuck hasn't been doing traffic for them for a while now.

Really? I recall seeing a report not that many months ago, but since I don't watch the KTLA morning news very often it may have been longer than I thought. I'd swear he was flying for them in 2011, but I guess I'm mistaken...

http://www.ocregister.com/entertainment/new-334074-radio-talk.html

Several paragraphs down (past the Tom Leykis interview) is a note in Gary Lycan's column (linked above) titled "Street Grounded" that has an emailed message from The Commander regarding his situation.

I'm guessing he's looking for another sponsor for his chopper/reports (though nothing's mentioned in the article).

He'll be back on KIIS on Mon. 1/9/12 and as mentioned in the original post of this thread - doing reports from the ground.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom