• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Clear Channel's western slaughter continues - SD next?

Lopaka said:
If you swim with sharks don't be surprised if you get bitten.

Enron had tens of thousands of employees. Very, very few were in the energy trading division. The guy out checking valve regulators on a gas pipeline had no idea that a few guys in a locked room were scamming energy users and investors.

To wish the loss of jobs and savings on tens of thousands over the secred deals of a couple of criminals is unpardonable and unforgivable. You win the "Mr. Misanthrope 2007" award; this is going to be considered an upset choice as Hugo Chávez was the favorite this year.

DavidEduardo said:
You win the "Mr. Misanthrope 2007" award; this is going to be considered an upset choice as Hugo Chávez was the favorite this year.

HAHAHAHA --- THAT was about the most FUNNY and FUN post I've ever read from you, David!! Thanks for a good one! Props and Kudos! ;D ;D ;D

Sort of like the swallows returning to Capistrano...or the buzzards to Hinkley, Ohio...every year CC takes out their budget hacksaw.

This is part of the Clear Channel "creed" from their web site (and all of their stock material):

We believe Clear Channel's people are our most important asset. Our teams make the critical difference in how we perform and their skills, talents and determination separate us from our competitors. We also believe people can achieve their full potential when they enjoy their work, so it is a priority to provide a workplace where growth, success and fun go hand in hand.

The disconnect between reality and their "creed" is truly amazing. The Mays should be ashamed of themselves.

Lopaka said:
No sympathy at all here. They were working for an evil enterprise, in doing so they furthered its evil. I am very glad the people who worked for Enron lost their pensions and their life savings, their entire work histories were directed toward stealing money from us Californians, nobody ever deserved poverty more. And I am glad this is happening to the people who worked so hard to further CC's evil goals. Hopefully we will see CC and all its properties liquidated in bankruptcy.

The above post is about the most evil I have ever read. The sad part is, he doesn't even seem to realize it.

Lopaka, we all know it was C.C. who fired their employees, not the employees who fired themselves.

That's not the point.

The point is it was YOU who said those employees fired from Clear Channel somehow deserved it BECAUSE they were working for C.C. in the first place, or rather, to quote you, "I am glad this is happening to the people who worked so hard to further CC's evil goals."

"Glad?" C.C. is far from sympathetic, but your ruthless rationale has more in common with C.C.'s appraoch to holiday cheer than you may care to admit.

So thus far it appears CC's entire San Diego budget cutting involves Cindy Pace: they must have been paying her a ton of money ::)

Bob_Hudson said:
So thus far it appears CC's entire San Diego budget cutting involves Cindy Pace: they must have been paying her a ton of money ::)

Six broadcast professionals at CCU-SD were let go. Promotions, one board-op, a news/sports reporter and Cindy Pace.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom