• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Clear Channel's National Stations

I've been checking out some of the national online stations on CC's IHeartRadio, using my new little $40 Internet radio from Best Buy. They offer largely commercial-free alternatives to some local stations. Many have personalities. Most seem at least as well programmed as their NYC counterparts, though they may lack flashy jingles. Many are on various HD2's around the country.
Among the offerings that resemble formats on New York stations:
All My Jams-R&B, featuring the Steve Harvey morning show.
Cool Oldies (60's and 70's), with dj's; Real Oldies (not sure if this has personalities).
Rythmix (similar to WKTU). Club Phusion (resembles the old Pulse 87.7). Pride, somewhere in between the two. Spin Cycle seems to be a dance leaning CHR (I'm not too familiar with dance or CHR music).
Mia, Spanish A/C, with Spanish speaking personalities. Similar to WPAT FM. Also on WWPR HD2.
Today's Mix-Hot A/C, like WPLJ and WWFS.
The Beat, urban. Also carries Steve Harvey.
Hit Nation, CHR. It carries the Elvis Duran morning show, and can be compared with Z100.
Soft Rock-resembles WLTW. Despite the name, it is a straightforward A/C. This one also has personalities.
They have The Classic Rock Channel. They played Alive by Pearl Jam. Not sure if that is too deep for WAXQ.
The Alternative Project is apparently similar to K Rock, on 92.3 HD2. It has dj's.

Has anyone been listening to some of them, and can offer an opinion about how they sound, compared to their local equivalents?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom