• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Classix Philly 107.9

Who is the new midday host? He has a good voice, probably a professional narrator.
Jay Dixon went off ? He doesn't appear anymore on the website and his email isn't working anymore.

Why is Classix 107.9 in horrible mono on FM? Don't know if this also on their stream?
Where are you listening from? If I recall correctly you're in Europe listening on SDR's. If so, there's no way to guarantee the SDR is streaming the receiver properly, is wired correctly, etc.. You cannot judge the quality of a signal using them.

Also don't hijack threads about something else just because the original poster used a vague subject line.

Don't know what you talking about my friend. I listen on FM. Better to ask the question in this topic than open up a new one. It's more a little side question. So it has nothing to do with the intention to hijack this thread.

Last edited:
Don't know what you talking about my friend. I listen on FM. Better to ask the question in this topic than open up a new one. It's more a little side question. So it has nothing to do with the intention to hijack this thread.
A topic is a topic. You took over a thread about another topic. Just because its the same station doesn't matter. And listening to the FM signal through an SDR is not listening to the FM Signal.

NYC but I was in Philly.
If you are listening on an analog only radio, or are too far away from the HD signal and it switches back to analog, than it'll go to mono.
They have the FM analog feed in mono and the FM HD feed in stereo.
So to get 107.9 stereo over the air, you need to be listening on an HD capable radio and the signal needs to be in HD.
Only other way to get stereo is to listen via the internet stream .

If you are listening on an analog only radio, or are too far away from the HD signal and it switches back to analog, than it'll go to mono.
So to get 107.9 stereo over the air, you need to be listening on an HD capable radio and the signal needs to be in HD.
Ah that makes sense, thanks for the explanation.

I tried tuning this is, but it wont reach all the way up to me like the other Philly stations do. WIOQ where I live walks right over local station WAVT. Most of the signals from down that way I can pull in with the Yagi, but this one and 103.9 just dont have the power to make the 80+ mile trek up here.

If this station can get good ratings and they are increasing, by playing just Black R&B, Soul oldies, why doesn't anyone try a Mass Appeal (55-75) oldies format, (WCAU-FM years 70-75), the demos? R1 doesn't seem to care about the demos....

Why isn't the Analog Stereo?

I never heard that

Back
Top Bottom