• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Classic Hits in NWA Possible Format Change!!

I am hearing liners that changes coming soon to FM 101.5. Seems they are leaving the format. Hope they are not going to be playing the same crap everyone else is. Anyone know what's going on?

Well, it looks like they have a new morning show coming in. That is the big change. Thank Goodness. Could not take another Katy Perry Station!!

Sounds to me like they are just "tweaking" the music by taking out some of the crap that they were playing. Hope they don't go too safe, the good thing about that station is they aren't afraid to play songs the other stations don't. If they can figure out how to continue to play a good variety of music that isn't on the other stations while getting rid of the songs that never should have been on they will be really good!

I believe they are trying to not play the same Classic Rock type of stuff that The Eagle and The Keg are playing which is a smart move. I have not heard any 80's hairbands either. They are getting it to sound more liek a Classic Hit station than ever before. I think they are going in the right direction.

Bill Shadowcat said:
Are they still playing 90's and early 00's music? I haven't had them on this week. This week, my radio has been mostly sticking to the X. lol

No, haven't heard any 90's or 00's seems very focused on 70's and 80's with a few 60's. They seem to be a lot closer to an actual "Classic Hits" format then they were before, sounds good!

So the so-called "big announcement" this morning was that they were going to play an hour of commercial free music from 9a-10a, um OK... not that big of an announcement! The good news is they have the music sounding really good, now they need to get some DJ's back on the air and they might just have a good radio station. I wasn't overly impressed with the morning guy, sounded more like a mid-day show rather than an actual morning show. We'll see...

I listened in today. Strange array of tunes. Mustang Sally to Tainted Love to Karmakamilian to Rianna. 1/2 good to my taste. I get the randomness but they are certainly loosing a 40+ year old guy when it goes from Mustang Sally to Tainted Love. That listener most likely didn't return in time to hear Leroy Brown. The imaging is less than impressive. A little bland. As far as the jock, i hadn't heard any yet.
Not sure if they are going after the Classic Rock giants or WARM/Hot Mix. Certainly some potential for a stand out station, although they had found their nitch, then flipped it.

Bill Shadowcat said:
Wait. They played Rihanna? What?!

No, I have no clue what he was listening to because I have heard nothing past the 80's on that station. Music sounds good to me, like a REAL Classic Hits station.

Concerned for them with their lack of personalities, they need some jocks. The guy I am hearing (and I use that term very loosely) in mornings sounds like he should be on in mid-days, very little actual "morning show" happening. I get that they want the music to be the most important thing but if they don't develop a personality in mornings then they will continue to lose to the other stations in the market.

I think he's a new PD, which means he's used to doing PM drive more than likely. I too have been very happy with the direction of the station. Loved it when it launched, then it got bloated with WAY too many "deep cuts" and this guy didn't recognize half the songs. Don't be surprised by a few early 90's songs, but my guess is they know their bread and butter is 70's and 80's.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom