• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Classic country debuts on WZQK

Classic country has debuted on WZQK. The station is now branded Super Country (94.3/1240).

Now Jackson has two stations with classic country. The other is The Radio People's WHJT (93-5 The Legend).

Classic country has debuted on WZQK. The station is now branded Super Country (94.3/1240).

Now Jackson has two stations with classic country. The other is The Radio People's WHJT (93-5 The Legend).

Is WZQK 1240, the old WPBQ running automated, local jocks, network jocks? Do they have a website

1. I don't know whether WZQK has local or network DJs.
2. All I heard was Supercountry.com.

I tuned to 1240 and didn't hear anything. It had very low audio the last time I heard it. I don't know why so many AM stations with translators these days run dead air or very low audio these days. Nearly ever town has one.

The WZQK call letters used to be on 970 AM after the WRKN call letters were dropped. It was also country at the time. "Real Country" if I remember correctly. BTW 970 AM is messed up again. The audio is so low you can't even hear it. Sounds like they have been running on night power for a while. It doesn't get out that well.

That is Terry Wood from WTWZ doing the legal ID at the top of the hour. 1240 AM is still off the air which is technically illegal. "WPBQ" is still streaming on its website even though it's technically not a radio station if they have no transmitter. So I'm not sure if many people are listening. They must have lost their lease again.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom