• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Circle diginet gone at end of 2023

I know none of broadcasters aired Circle I know Spectrum has Circle I think it is channel 483 in Kazoo next to a few of the low end Byron Allen channels, Cars, Justice, Pets & his cooking show channel.

WGCT-CD Virtual 39 Digital 8 in Columbus, Ohio had a blank screen this morning on 39.8 as Circle was already off the air. This afternoon COACB Radio moved from 39.11 to 39.8 to replace Circle on that channel.

WGCT-CD Virtual 39 Digital 8 in Columbus, Ohio had a blank screen this morning on 39.8 as Circle was already off the air. This afternoon COACB Radio moved from 39.11 to 39.8 to replace Circle on that channel.

Circle says the programming will continue, but not as a "linear network."

It's being run out of a production company called Power Nation Studios:

Noting the logos ... Circle has been on Peacock all along. Xumo and Tubi will be new outlets. If Circle won't be a "linear" network, how will Peacock, Xumo and Tubi users access its programming? I assume it won't be among the channels on its scrolling lineup.

Here in Mankato, MN Circle was pulled from KEYC-DT3 early afternoon and then had a KEYC Circle screen. Now I just checked and its back to Circle (Duck Dynasty is on). An hour or so ago it was still the KEYC logo

Gray was originally a partner in Circle with Ryman Hospitality, owner of the Grand Ole Opry. Ryman said they lost about $10 million this year in the venture. For its part, Gray has already announced a replacement:

Los Angeles market:

Circle’s former channel 153 slot on Spectrum cable now shows a static slide reading, “Programming on this network is no longer available.”

Its former over-the-air affiliate, KCAL-TV 9-3, shows the picture I attached.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 10
Circle is alive and well on Peacock, still looking like a linear channel, still in its position near the bottom of the lineup. "The Best of Coffee, Country and Cody" is on right now.

No sign of Circle on Xumo. It wasn't offered there before and still isn't this morning. Not sure about Tubi, as its lineup is too cumbersome to navigate and the voice command suggested, "Circle on Tubi," results in my Xfinity Flex leaving the Tubi app entirely and defaulting to a screen full of movies and series with "circle" in their names that are available on various other apps.

Last edited:
Circle is alive and well on Peacock, still looking like a linear channel, still in its position near the bottom of the lineup. "The Best of Coffee, Country and Cody" is on right now.

No sign of Circle on Xumo. It wasn't offered there before and still isn't this morning. Not sure about Tubi, as its lineup is too cumbersome to navigate and the voice command suggested, "Circle on Tubi," results in my Xfinity Flex leaving the Tubi app entirely and defaulting to a screen full of movies and series with "circle" in their names that are available on various other apps.
Circle went streaming only as of January 1

Back
Top Bottom