• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Christmas Time Is Here Again

Wow two stations in the same day?! Who was first? LOL
According to WDRB News, Mix switched at 10 p.m. on Halloween. Not sure what time The Rose switched.

Edit: Just checked the "Recently Played" list on The Rose website. Looks like they switched at Midnight, so Mix beat them by 2 hours.

I remember when forget the exact year but light 106.9 didn't go all Christmas and gen x radio 100.5 did. It was gen Xmas. Don't know how 106.9 let gen Xmas 100.5 get the best of them. I believe it was around 2012 or so ish. It is interesting that no matter the format on 106.9 they play the same old AC Christmas format they always have

Here is a thought let's ad some spice to that egg nog with the punk rock version of ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS by MARIAH CAREY or RELIENT K with SLEIGH RIDE or COLDPLAY 2000 MILES or PENATONIX with MY FAVORITE THINGS or Oi TO THE WORLD BY NO DOUBT or FROSTY THE SNOWMAN BY THE VENTURES or FATHER CHRISTMAS BY EITHER OK GO OR THE KINKS.

I know the odds of it happening r slim to none for it's very much the work to program just the right Christmas music you don't want to scare anyone off.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ONE AND ALL LETS ENJOY THE SAME 20 CHRISTMAS SONGS BY THE SAME TWENTY ARTISTS 😂😂😂

Both 1023 and 1069 are no longer contenders in the market and what's odd, both frequencies have enjoyed being number one in the past. Flipping to Christmas music now is sadly all they have. 1069 will probably not garner the huge Christmas kiss it once was capable of getting as it's now not top of mind or on very many pre-sets. Summit radio and cookie cutter Iheart have been the worst thing to happen to Louisville radio.

Same goes for Mix 94.5 in Lexington. Not nearly the powerhouse ratings machine they used to be and we can thank corporate radio (iHeart in this case) for that.

Mix flipped at midnight ON Halloween this year. Insane. Since Kiss 96.9 is now classic hits, they no longer flip to Christmas music so Mix really has no other Christmas competition anymore. 105.9 out of Nicholasville has flipped the past couple years around Thanksgiving but they are not really a threat anyway.

Back
Top Bottom