• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Channel Four Was Not First!

I truly hope someone from Channel 4 reads this site and can respond. And I don't mean to repeat a thread that I started a few months ago. But I can't take it anymore. Channel 4, on its 11pm newscast Friday and on its web site, said it was first to report the Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station had been saved. NOT! I happened to be watching the commission hearing live on CSPAN-2. You can't get more first (if that makes any sense) than live coverage. Channel 4, stop making bogus claims. We all had the story at the same time. You just sound stupid. You'd be better off if you paid more attention to not who is first but to making sure Don Paul's microphone is working before he goes on the air. Don had a mic problem on an 11pm newscast this week that was so bad it was laughable. Normally, I wouldn't bring attention to that because we all have our technical glitches. But in light of the "we're first" claims Channel 4 is making, I just want to suggest their priorities are out of line.

> I truly hope someone from Channel 4 reads this site and can
> respond. And I don't mean to repeat a thread that I started
> a few months ago. But I can't take it anymore. Channel 4,
> on its 11pm newscast Friday and on its web site, said it was
> first to report the Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station had
> been saved. NOT! I happened to be watching the commission
> hearing live on CSPAN-2. You can't get more first (if that
> makes any sense) than live coverage. Channel 4, stop making
> bogus claims. We all had the story at the same time. You
> just sound stupid. You'd be better off if you paid more
> attention to not who is first but to making sure Don Paul's
> microphone is working before he goes on the air. Don had a
> mic problem on an 11pm newscast this week that was so bad it
> was laughable. Normally, I wouldn't bring attention to that
> because we all have our technical glitches. But in light of
> the "we're first" claims Channel 4 is making, I just want to
> suggest their priorities are out of line.
>

Could it be they were the first (or at least claiming to be the first) Buffalo station to report it.

Funny you should mention a microphone glitch. WMUR-Manchester had the same thing happen this week on one of their 6:00 newscast with anchor Tom Griffith.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom