• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Changes at 102.3?

Another new personality that I noticed this morning for the first time that I haven’t heard on there before, Amy Nic is doing mornings.

I think she did traffic for the Summit Media stations for a while too..
Question: Has anyone noticed how bad her voice sounds? It sounds like a bad mic. I am also thinking she might not be in the studio and coming in from a remote location.

I listened to this a couple of weeks ago on FM while driving through town. The product sounds great, and it's a worthy idea. Not certain how it will perform in 2022. They have my best for support, but I doubt I would have went that route. Hoping it works out just the way they want it to.

Yep when we ride together it’s all Christmas music this time of year, happy wife happy life indeed!
Will 102.3 flip after Christmas or will this just be a yearly tradition like 106.9?

huge mistake by 1023 the rose flipping to christmas. they just debuted a format that hasn't been heard in this town in years and would've gained a lot of mix 1069's audience that aren't ready for christmas music.

Yep when we ride together it’s all Christmas music this time of year, happy wife happy life indeed!
Will 102.3 flip after Christmas or will this just be a yearly tradition like 106.9?
Well if we go by the past the last time 102.3 had this format it was July of 1999 and blew up Lrs 102 in favor of Love 102.3 and that lasted three years till they became Hot Ac station the max 102.3. So a few years at least. Maybe it will catch on they aren't far behind mix in the numbers.

huge mistake by 1023 the rose flipping to christmas. they just debuted a format that hasn't been heard in this town in years and would've gained a lot of mix 1069's audience that aren't ready for christmas music.
Except mix 106.9 and the rose aren't the same format. I don't think people that like mix or liked the defunct max will care for the rose.

It would've made more sense to have held off on the format change until after Christmas music but my guess is that they were forced to change over from Jack at the end of August (probably due to a contractual agreement, it was EXACTLY 5 years) and that was obviously too early to switch to the Christmas music and they had to throw something on. So instead they just went with the new format right away.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom