• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

CBS Selling St Louis Stations?

With CBS Radio selling out of Charlotte and Tampa, do you think its St Louis cluster could be next on the block?

The reason I seriously doubt it is that the StL stations are a cash cow; all high ranking in the market, good demographics and good cash. CBS has owned KMOX for over 80 years, I don't see it happening.

The Cubans have discovered 1120 too. KMOX is no longer a clear channel. I will miss Johnny Rabbit. (Monitoring in Atlanta.)

With CBS Radio selling out of Charlotte and Tampa, do you think its St Louis cluster could be next on the block?

CBS did not "sell out" of Tampa and St Louis. They made a like kind trade with Beasley for stations that built their clusters in markets where they already had TV.

(I am responding now as the CBS subject is suddenly more relevant again)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom