• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Casey Casem

I noticed that 105.1 is now airing old repeats of American Top 40 from the 70's. This week it was one from 1972. I really enjoyed hearing some songs that were huge hits back then that nobody plays on the radio anymore (because the consultants won't allow it) There was lots of bubblegum music and other stuff that I haven't heard on the radio since it originally aired. It's a shame, because they had some great tunes back then. sadly so much of it is forgotten by todays radio.

It's a three-hour show. It probably cuts down some of the commercial breaks from the original airing since it was a four-hour show. I did see Casey's show on Oldies' website a week ago, so I was happy to see it air here.

Once Casey Kasem retired it was all rerun stuff. If it's fresh and new I don't mind pre-canned material, but once I have heard it already, I'm not really in the mood to go back and do it again.

the golden boy said:
It's a three-hour show. It probably cuts down some of the commercial breaks from the original airing since it was a four-hour show. I did see Casey's show on Oldies' website a week ago, so I was happy to see it air here.

On Sirius XM they cut all the commercials. XM originally played out the entire "filler music" segues between segments, which was kind of odd. But as I understand it, Sirius is cutting out some long distance dedications and extra tidbits, things like that. Actual content of the shows.

It may not mean much to radio people who've played all the records before, but as someone who wasn't was just a kid who never listened to top 40 radio at the time, it's like a whole new show. :)

Zach said:
the golden boy said:

On Sirius XM they cut all the commercials.  XM originally played out the entire "filler music" segues between segments, which was kind of odd.  But as I understand it, Sirius is cutting out some long distance dedications and extra tidbits, things like that.  Actual content of the shows.

It may not mean much to radio people who've played all the records before, but as someone who wasn't was just a kid who never listened to top 40 radio at the time, it's like a whole new show. :)

Good point.  Enjoy. Try Dick Bartley too. He's still got new stuff goin' on.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom