• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Can someone PLEASE explain how to get programming on the air?

L

Lounge_Lizard

All right - I'm going to show my ignorance and ask aloud...just how do you get a specialty show on the air?

Other than paying outright to a station for time on, how else can you get stations to play the show? What about syndicators, and exactly how does that work versus multi-market sales by the show company?

What are real world examples of business models that bring cash in to the show to exchange for pay for play?

And can anyone please explain how a show can make money if it does an exchange of time for advertising (throwing open avails to the stations)?

Again - I exclaim my ignorance, but I really am trying to figure out this beast I love called radio.

There were at least 2 posts that explained it to you. WHAT HAPPENED?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom