• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Can ESPN survive while cable TV dies?

ESPN has used it's app to air more & more sports either exclusively or simulcast with either ABC or an ESPN channel so yes I firmly believe it can. I've LONG believed that

In fact, they can take ESPNNEWS & make it a streaming only channel available for free (Like CBS Sports HQ is) or on streaming services like Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling, etc RIGHT NOW as all it is is basically SportsCenter all day (In fact, they can even use that as a name with the moniker being SportsCenter 24 Hours A Day) just as they call SportsCenter on ESPN Radio SportsCenter All Night

Well Disney is continuing to promote the Disney Bundle where ESPN is included in the package though.
No, ESPN+, the streaming service where ESPN parks rights packages no one really wanted, is part of the bundle. ESPN, where the good stuff is, is not.

ESPN has used it's app to air more & more sports either exclusively or simulcast with either ABC or an ESPN channel so yes I firmly believe it can. I've LONG believed that

In fact, they can take ESPNNEWS & make it a streaming only channel available for free (Like CBS Sports HQ is) or on streaming services like Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling, etc RIGHT NOW as all it is is basically SportsCenter all day (In fact, they can even use that as a name with the moniker being SportsCenter 24 Hours A Day) just as they call SportsCenter on ESPN Radio SportsCenter All Night
Its not Sportscenter all day either ESPN Radio,Repeats or College Sports.

Its not Sportscenter all day either ESPN Radio,Repeats or College Sports.
If THAT is ALL they plan to use ESPNNEWS for, they may as well pull the plug on it on TV as people can SEE that stuff (Not free) on the ESPN app & HEAR (Free) on ESPN Radio either OTA, on SXM, the app or elsewhere online & relaunch it as a STREAMING ONLY SportsCenter NOW (Or something like that) channel to appeal to the "NOW" audience like ABC News & NBC News do

how much would people pay for DTC ESPN? and would they subscribe all year or just during football season? I wouldn't be suprised if they required yearly contracts instead of monthly

Back
Top Bottom