• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Burlington Gets Fringe Classic Hip Hop Coverage

It appears that 104.1 WMQZ MacComb, IL/Colchester, IL has switched to Classic Hip-Hop as Icon 104.1. Nice little small town experiment. ;)

This signal has marginal reach over Burlington. Nonetheless, at least western Iowa (Power 106-9 Omaha) and now far southeast Iowa have something other than the 'typical' commercial formats.

It appears that 104.1 WMQZ MacComb, IL/Colchester, IL has switched to Classic Hip-Hop as Icon 104.1. Nice little small town experiment. ;)

This signal has marginal reach over Burlington. Nonetheless, at least western Iowa (Power 106-9 Omaha) and now far southeast Iowa have something other than the 'typical' commercial formats.
Very marginal, it would appear. Possibly the target audience is students at Western Illinois University in Macomb? That's the best I can figure.

Yeah Maybe. Or, its just that the old playbooks don't work like they used to. I don't know if the students in Macomb alone would be enough to justify. They are a smaller company. Maybe they did some research in the area and decided to do something different. Honestly on some of these stations now in 2024, I think you could do anything you want. Low overhead, have some fun chash flowing what you can, etc.

Back
Top Bottom