• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Brian Williams Says He’s Leaving NBC News At End Of Year

Well, one thing is for sure. Judy Woodruff just turned 75, and they have very little anchor depth on staff. Hari Sreenivasen, who has substituted for Woodruff, is reducing his role in 2022 as the NewsHour consolidates in Washington, D.C.

I do, however, doubt Brian Williams will choice to replace Woodruff for PBS.

Brian Williams will host his final edition of the 11th Hour tonight.:

There will be rotating hosts for a while.

He also announced that he narrates a podcast called "We Interrupt This Broadcast."

In the end viewers of CNN, Fox, MSNBC don’t want straight news. They want someone to validate their opinions.
correct, the 24/7 networks these days are propaganda feed machines, feeding propaganda to those who will listen, people seem to like fear induced propaganda more then real news.

Anderson Cooper is a good news anchor but spews the liberal bias. And guess what? I usually agree with him. So this topic is complicated. While I may agree with Anderson 75% of the time, I may not 25% of the time. I think politically we get so pigeon holed we lose track of what we actually believe. Why not take each issue on a case by case instead of this draconian political stance? I remember a time when both parties took a moderate stance, as that was the way to win. We, as Americans need to get out of extreme political viewpoints and back to sensible viewpoints, which btw can, and should come from both parties.

Last edited:
Anderson Cooper is a good news anchor but spews the liberal bias.

Keep in mind Cooper's liberal bias will never be as extreme as what people are getting from Fox News and conservative talk radio. They are not at all comparable. The pendulum is not swinging in equal measures. In the meantime, Cooper is getting killed in the ratings. So it shows what the people want.

There seems to be a lot of interplay between NBC and PBS. Might we see Brian Williams at PBS at some point?
Brian commented last night on his last anchoring of The 11th Hour, that he won't be able to stay away from the camera and lights. That's probably true after his six month non-compete is over.

Anderson Cooper is a good news anchor but spews the liberal bias. And guess what? I usually agree with him. So this topic is complicated. While I may agree with Anderson 75% of the time, I may not 25% of the time. I think politically we get so pigeon holed we lose track of what we actually believe. Why not take each issue on a case by case instead of this draconian political stance? I remember a time when both parties took a moderate stance, as that was the way to win. We, as Americans need to get out of extreme political viewpoints and back to sensible viewpoints, which btw can, and should come from both parties.
There are not always equal “both sides.” A lie is a lie. It is not incumbent on anyone to offer equal time to, say, a flat earther. That’s not bias. If anything it distorts the truth to pretend facts are opinion.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom