• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Board Response

Does anybody in West Virginia read these boards and does anybody in the broadcasting business have any thoughts. This board is almost a non existant factor with little or no radio information and/or news.

'wvbroadcasting.net' is a great resource, as is radio-info.com. By the way, check out several other states' latest responses. One state hasn't had new posts since last November. West Virginia is ahead of several others as well. If you've got thoughts, post. As station manager of a small high school noncom, I've found both boards invaluable. Many good people have sent me PM's that have been both appreciated and informative.

I do some remotes and sideline reporting for a three-station 'cluster' that is owned by two of the nicest-and most knowledgeable-broadcasters in the business. They both bring a lot to the table, and allow a 25-year-old to be operations manager. This same young man has worked at the station since age 16. Virtually single-handedly he converted one station from a reel to reel anachronism into a state of the art broadcasting center. Their latest acquisition perfectly positions them throughout the mid-Ohio Valley, and they have solid plans for the future. These gentlemen's faith and trust in this exceptional young man is paying off big-time.

Our latest premiere topic, WWVA, understandably created a lot of buzz. Has everything gotten back to normal in the Friendly City?

What about running a thread on outstanding broadcasters from way back that have had to adapt to new realities, such as the Dougger (Uncle Dougger), Doug Hoffmann, who morphed into a salesman for stations in New Martinsville? I'm sure there are many such stories for those who made radio their life?

Much to cover, nuffsaid. Help us out in this mission. Bring what you have to the table. We'd all appreciate it, I'm sure.

I'm not sure that I can bring anything to the table that most of the broadcasters in WV don't already know. It was mentioned that Bill Shanhan was a legend in his own time in Charleston radio and there was not one response. Name me a market where there are folks that have been on the air entertaining a community for twenty plus years. There are a couple of guys and girls in the Charleston market that have been at the same station for almost that long and that is almost unheard of in today's time. West Virginia Radio has build a small radio empire in WV with lots of variety in their programming. The Wolf made a huge run on WQBE over the past few years and The Rabbit has held on to Number One in the ARB. These boards should be for information with all contributing to "what's going on". -30-

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom