• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Black News Channel (2020-2022)

Didn’t know it even existed.

But in my opinion it’s good it’s gone. Why have a one race channel? That would be discrimination against anglos, Asians, ect ect.

Sure you can say there is a few Spanish language channels. But this wasn’t an English only channel. This was a African American only channel.

The marketplace decides who wins and who doesn't.

Even with deep pocket investors, a network with 10,000 viewers can't survive unless the investors are willing to keep dumping money into it they will never get back

Is still on the air with Fridays repeat broadcast.
i guess they are in the process of winding down operations, as in finding a way to let the providers that carry them know when they can shut the channel down on their lineups, i guess it will go off the air at midnight ET on April 1st.

But in my opinion it’s good it’s gone. Why have a one race channel? That would be discrimination against anglos, Asians, ect ect.

Sure you can say there is a few Spanish language channels. But this wasn’t an English only channel. This was a African American only channel.
Ever heard of BET? Also, Univision, Unimas, Telemundo, NBC Universo and several other "one race networks" exist.

This is the dumbest explanation I've heard yet...

This is like me, a Black man, saying that Telemundo, Univision, Unimas, and all of these other Spanish-language networks here in America should disappear as well because they cater to a "certain audience" too. There are also networks here in the States that also cater to other ethnicities and languages as well...you think those channels should go away too?

For the record, I watched BNC on occasion...I liked the presentation and some of the stories they've covered. I thought that the channel had room for improvement and potential to be other source for news in the same way you have the traditional outlets (the Big Four and their locals, CNN, MSNBC, BBC World News, etc.) and streaming outlets like Newsy and Cheddar.

I actually disagree with the above. I think it's high time we center on what we have in common versus looking at how we are different. I won't point out the double standard. I saw the same in Chritianity. The focus was on what made each group different versus what we had in common.

For the record, I watched BNC on occasion...I liked the presentation and some of the stories they've covered. I thought that the channel had room for improvement and potential to be other source for news in the same way you have the traditional outlets (the Big Four and their locals, CNN, MSNBC, BBC World News, etc.) and streaming outlets like Newsy and Cheddar.
Have you listened to iHeartRadio's Black Information Network? If so, then how did BNC's news coverage compare to that of BIN?

Have you listened to iHeartRadio's Black Information Network? If so, then how did BNC's news coverage compare to that of BIN?

I'm aware of BIN, but I haven't listened enough to have an opinion, one way or another. Hell, I don't even listen much to traditional radio these days unless with I'm driving around with someone.

This is the dumbest explanation I've heard yet...

This is like me, a Black man, saying that Telemundo, Univision, Unimas, and all of these other Spanish-language networks here in America should disappear as well because they cater to a "certain audience" too. There are also networks here in the States that also cater to other ethnicities and languages as well...you think those channels should go away too?

How so? So me as an American couldn’t work on this station for not being black?? All these Spanish LANGUAGE stations you mention cater to a language not a ethnicity. I’m sure if there was a African American or an algo person that speaks perfect Spanish and has credentials to work for Univision or Telemundo they would not be turned down for not being Hispanic. Heck I seen anglos working for Telemundo. Here in Houston I have seen anglo Americans working for TELEMUNDO.

What I was trying to find out is if BNC continually aired current news stories or if they, like BIN, recylced stories for hours or even days.

Byron Allen blames cable for why Black News Channel didn't do good it was on the cheap and the owners didn't do a good job promoting the network. Byron doesn't seem to get it and runs everything on the cheap should take a pay cut of $80 million and pay local staffers at his local TV stations I know that isn't just a Byron Allen thing that is Sinclair, Nexstar, TEGNA etc.

Byron Allen blames cable for why Black News Channel didn't do good it was on the cheap and the owners didn't do a good job promoting the network. Byron doesn't seem to get it and runs everything on the cheap should take a pay cut of $80 million and pay local staffers at his local TV stations I know that isn't just a Byron Allen thing that is Sinclair, Nexstar, TEGNA etc.
the guy constantly sues cable providers using the race card.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom