• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Billboard's Top Songs of the 2000's

A bit of a surprise (to me) that Alan Jackson's "Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning" wasn't higher than 75.

Here's another surprise: Nielsen monitors radio and has come up with the most played song on radio since January 1, 2000. It's Tim McGraw's "Something Like That!" And that's most played in all formats!

Whoda thunk that a "barbecue stain on a white t-shirt" would be number one? :D

Happy to see it - that song is one of my favorites.

Story at link below.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12/22/tim-mcgraw-ropes-decades-most-played-single/

Nick Summers

I would have very little objection to building a country radio format around these 100 songs.

Load all 100 into automation.
Add 20 or so songs from the 90s (the likes of Garth and Lonestar).
Add a dozen currents.

Call it a "Decade of Hits"

The only question is who gets played most. I don't necessarily think that songs ranking near 100 in that list should be played least.

I really don't see a song anywhere in that top 100 that wouldn't test well today.

Any songs not on the list from the 2000s that you'd insist on playing?

'Where Were You' (When The World Stopped Turning?) had a very short chart run (22-10-7-5-2-1-1-1-1-1-2-2-recurrent @ R&R/Mediabase), which explains that ranking.

Bob Kingsley, who uses Mediabase, also aired a 'top 50 songs of the 2000s' on his 'CT40' countdown show; those top five songs were 'Live Like You Were Dying' (ten weeks at number one), 'Somebody Like You', '19 Something', 'It's Five O'Clock Somewhere', and 'How Do You Like Me Now?'

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom